Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 3 Packg Tailloday Women's Compression Athletic Running Yoga Shirt Dry Fit Tank Top
- Aqua Sphere Women's Chloe Swimsuit
- Black ADOME Women High Waisted Bathing Suits Halter Bikini Sets Push Up Swimsuit
- Black SELFPORTRAIT Women's Sequin Embellished Ruffle Mini Dress Black
- Speechless One Shoulder Dress Medium White
- Trina Turk Womens Basinger Polished Shirting Cold Shoulder Top Blouse
- Wei.ds Nightclub Ms. Sexy Skirt Skirt Dress Multicolor MultiSize,orangeL
- X by Gottex Womens Bttm Mesh Panel SLV Top Shirt
- Charter Club MixedPrint BellSleeve Top,
- Desigual Jersey Woman JERS Ennis 19SWJF45
- Eliza J Womens Sweater Dress with Lace Inset (Regular & Petite) Casual Dress
- G2011 Latin Ballroom Dance Professional Freely Tied Twocolors Flower Fishbone Irregular Swing Skirt
- Hot Pink Capri Pants IMIDO Women's Yoga Capri Pants Sport Tights Workout Running Mesh Leggings with Side Pocket
- Just Cavalli Wool Black Full Zip Women's Cropped Basic Jacket US S IT 40
- Lexiart Climbing Hiking Quick Dry Pants for Women Lightweight
- Mavi Kendra High Rise Straight Leg
- Navy bluee Sulidi Women's Mermaid Bridesmaid Dresses Long 2019 Spaghetti Straps Sweep Train Lace Beads Prom Dress C025
- Peacock JAEDEN Prom Dresses Long Formal Evening Gowns with Pocket Off The Shoulder Prom Dress A line Evening Dresses
- Red Ai Maria Women's VNeck Damask Short Prom Dress OffTheShoulder Pocket Homecoming Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.