Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Horze Emma Women's Softshell Jacket
- June's Young Women Hat Ladies' Winter Wide Brim Hat Top Hat Black White
- Light Lime PrettyWish Asymmetrical Camo Prom Dress Wedding Party Dress DoubleNeck Sash PW16
- MDRWWinter Scarf Winter Wool Scarf Winter Long Paragraph Female Student Couples Lady Scarf Knitted Scarf Thick Warm
- NewFex Women's Bridesmaid Dresses Long Backless Empire Waist Formal Evening Prom Gown
- Pink Sayolala Women's Dresses Fashion ONeck Pure color Short Sleeve Loose Long Maxi Dress Sundress
- Rene Rofe Women's Simply Me Shirt
- Sky bluee Mother of The Bride Dresses with Short Sleeves Plus Size Mother Gowns and Evening Dresses Formal Dress
- Spring and Autumn pu Clothing Female Short Paragraph Wild Lapel Motorcycle Jacket Slim Slim Jacket SEDD
- Tote Bags for Women, Womens Shopper Bag with Large Compartment
- Washington Redskins R Logo Women's Long Hoodie Black
- 102522755 Kenneth Cole Reaction Trifold Clutch TriEd & True
- Ananda Shanti Apparel Awakened Lotus Throat Chakra FourWay Stretch High Waist Yoga Leggings with Pocket EcoFriendly
- Yangmall Women's Casual Open Front Long Knit Cardigan Sweater Pockets
- BEACH HOUSE WOMAN Women's PlusSize Nantucket Island Sarah Blouson Tankini
- Bobeau Peri Plus Size Jacket with Quilted Collar
- Coco Reef Women's Caftan Swimsuit Cover Up
- DKNY Swans Printed High Waist Cropped Performance Leggings
- Evening bluee Helly Hansen Women's Crew Insulator Vest
- Gown Anarkali Dresses for women Salwar Kameez Ceremony Patyala Punjabi 745 16
- Indigo Lauren Ralph Lauren Women's Estate Tapered Jeans
- Kimono Japan Women's Easy Yukata Robe
- Lonimor Ladies' Autumn Winter Flannel Padded Pajamas Girl Print Home Service Suit
- Marc New York by Andrew Marc Womens Riverdale Down Alternative Coat
- Navy bluee Fanciest Women's Off The Shoulder Beaded Prom Dresses Long 2019 Ball Gown Evening Formal Dress
- Paul Smith 404 Womens Ladies Designer Fullrim Eyeglasses Eyeglass Frame
- RealWax African Dresses for Women Flower Floral Fashion Clothes Dress Dashiki Girl Print Mixi with Belt
- SheIn Women's Sexy Deep V Neck 3 4 Sleeves Beaded Self Tie Blouses
- Tahari Womens Miltary Style Peak Lapel Jacquard Pant Suit Business Suit Pants Set
- [BLANKNYC] Womens Embroidered Short Shorts
- Alilith.Z Sexy Off The Shoulder Appliques Lace Beach Wedding Dresses for Bride Long Bridal Gowns 2018 with Sleeves
- Beautiful Yellow gold 14K Yellowgold 14k Polished & D C Starfish Post Earrings
- Bracelayer Women's KX2 Full Length Knee Compression Pants Knee Support Tights
- Vampal Black Strapless Sweetheart Beaded Bodice Sheath Prom Dress With Slits
- Wolford Nellie Tights Black Large
- YSFS Women's Cap Sleeve Beaded Ball Gown Tulle Appliques Wedding Dress Bridal Gowns
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.