Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Horze Emma Women's Softshell Jacket
- June's Young Women Hat Ladies' Winter Wide Brim Hat Top Hat Black White
- Light Lime PrettyWish Asymmetrical Camo Prom Dress Wedding Party Dress DoubleNeck Sash PW16
- MDRWWinter Scarf Winter Wool Scarf Winter Long Paragraph Female Student Couples Lady Scarf Knitted Scarf Thick Warm
- NewFex Women's Bridesmaid Dresses Long Backless Empire Waist Formal Evening Prom Gown
- Pink Sayolala Women's Dresses Fashion ONeck Pure color Short Sleeve Loose Long Maxi Dress Sundress
- Rene Rofe Women's Simply Me Shirt
- Sky bluee Mother of The Bride Dresses with Short Sleeves Plus Size Mother Gowns and Evening Dresses Formal Dress
- Sterling Silver Slim Quilted Bracelet
- Trina Turk Womens Boat Neck Kimono Sleeve Swimwear Cover Up Swimwear CoverUp
- Weidu Women Crossbody Bags Leather Tassels Shoulder Bags Elegant Tote Bags Sling Bags
- 17401_olive Regna X Women's Summer Dolphin Running Shorts (Solid & color Block)
- ANGVNS Women's Casual Long Sleeve V Neck DoubleBreasted Bodycon Pencil Dress
- Yellow Womens Raincoat Hooded Long Sleeve Lightweight Rain Jacket Trench Coat (color Navy, Size 3X)
- Beachcoco Women's Maternity SeeThrough Lace Dress Made in USA
- BODEN Women's Floral Silky Pencil Skirt bluee Pink Purple
- CodeFit Yoga Pants Power Flex DryFit with CRIS Cross Leg Cutouts 7 8 Length Soled color Leggings Key Pocket
- DKNY Womens Ivory Lace Sheer Long Sleeve Jewel Neck Top US Size S
- Ellenhouse Women's Long High Neck Two Pieces Prom Party Evening Dresses
- GFIT Women's Airsweat Joggers Pants
- I Am Women's SIAMTP01WHITE White Viscose Top
- Karen Kane Womens Plus Size Layered Lace Top Blouse
- Lingerie, Sleep & Lounge Pajamas Women Long Skirts Nightdresses Sleeveless Nightdress Drawstring Butterfly Festival Slim Home Service (color Purple, Size L)
- Magenta Ivanka Trump Womens Textured Bell Sleeve Shift Dress Dress
- Myra Bag Spencer Upcycled Canvas & Cowhide Leather Bag S1246
- Pajamas Ladies' Gowns Pink Cute Flannel Gowns European and American Style Bathrobes Robe Autumn and Winter Plus Velvet Long Section Plus Velvet Thick Section Long Sleeves Gift Gowns
- Rachel Roy Womens Drama Ruffle Blouse Blouse
- Seafolly Womens Modern Tribe Dd Cup High Neck Maillot One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece Swimsuit
- SUSENSTONE One Piece Swimsuit Summer Print Long Sleeve Surf Dive Bathing Suit
- Saffron Wings Shawl Scarf. Pure Cotton Hand Painted gold & Brown Bird Wings Scarf
- Alex Evenings Womens PlusSize Long Sweetheart Neckline Dress with Ruched Waist and Illusion Neckline Dress
- Beach Riot x Stone Cold Fox Bridget One Piece Swimsuit Black
- BOCARED Women's Straight Jeans with Strech Denim BDenim Hielo
- Uniq Sense Women's 1920s Flapper Dresses Sequined Beaded Fringed Emblished Great Gatsby Dresses
- Wine Red Poseca Pajamas Set Soft Striped Nightwear Women's Short Sleeve Button Pajamas PJS Set for Women SXXL
- YIPEISHA Women's Wedding Dresses ONeck Lace Tulle Long Wedding Dress Bridal
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.