Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Horze Emma Women's Softshell Jacket
- June's Young Women Hat Ladies' Winter Wide Brim Hat Top Hat Black White
- Light Lime PrettyWish Asymmetrical Camo Prom Dress Wedding Party Dress DoubleNeck Sash PW16
- MDRWWinter Scarf Winter Wool Scarf Winter Long Paragraph Female Student Couples Lady Scarf Knitted Scarf Thick Warm
- NewFex Women's Bridesmaid Dresses Long Backless Empire Waist Formal Evening Prom Gown
- Pink Sayolala Women's Dresses Fashion ONeck Pure color Short Sleeve Loose Long Maxi Dress Sundress
- Rene Rofe Women's Simply Me Shirt
- Sky bluee Mother of The Bride Dresses with Short Sleeves Plus Size Mother Gowns and Evening Dresses Formal Dress
- Steven Alan Women's Cameron Small Leather Crossbody Handbag Shoulder Bag, Black
- Type 2 New fashion ladies wallet Womens Owl Elephant Pattern Buckle Coin Purse Card Holder Clutch Handbag Type (color Type 1, Size M)
- What About Bob Women's Long Fleece Hoodie Black
- [BLANKNYC] Womens Linen Paperbag Short Casual Shorts
- Wool Woolen Winter Woolen Coat Long Section Loose Lapel LongSleeved Wool Woolen Coat
- AMZTM Square Frame Reflective Mirrored Lens Polarized Women Sunglasses
- Bar III SideZip Skinny Pants, Black, Size 6
- bluee (Navy 400) ESPRIT Women's Parka with Hood
- Champagne SDRESS Women's Crystal Beaded Halter Key Hole Mermaid Evening Gowns Rhinestone Open Back Prom Dress
- Dakine Sydney Shoulder Bag, Ellie Ii, 25 L
- Ellystar Women's Beading Halter Sleeveless Backless Long Tulle Formal Dresses
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.