Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Hot Mama Ink One Lucky Mother Long Sleeve Maternity Nursing Throw Over
- June's Young Women Hats Summer Wide Brim Derby Hats Pink
- Light pink Long Scarves Wrap Shawl Long Stole Thick Style Scarf Headscarf Neck Wrap Stole MufflerFour Seasons Female Mulberry Silk Fashion Long Scarf HENGXIAO (color Apricot, Size 180 70cm)
- Mechaly Soft Cotton Blend colorful Stripe No Show Socks Everyday Wearshoes Size 69 Sock Size 91136Pairs (Lt.Pink)
- Next Level Women's Set in 1x1 Baby Rib Collar TShirt (Pack of 6)
- Pink Sports Women, Shockproof Running Fitness Veststyle Yoga Bra, with Chest Pad, Nylon Material, No Steel Ring
- Replay Jeans Woman White WGX689.028.80641
- Sky bluee Uther Junior Tulle Prom Homecoming Cocktail Dresses Short Scoop Neck Bridesmaid Dress
- Starlet Print Black Skirt Sports Women's Lotta Breeze Capri Skirt
- Tronjori Womens Bohemian Velvet Dress with Embroidery, Elastic on The Waist and Sleeve Opening
- Wenziday Shoulder Ruffle Wrap Belted Straps Spring Bishop Sleeve Fit and Flare Slip Party Dresses
- 160 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots Q1VF3 Sword Cross Shield
- Angie Womens Off The Shoulder Dress with Crochet Trim Dress
- Yellow Standard Ballroom Dance Competition Dresses Long Sleeve Women,Modern Tango Smooth Waltz Dancewear suit
- Bar Iii Womens Lace Shift Dress
- bluee and Red Gradient Reversible Alpaca Women Winter Poncho Capes Shawl
- Chelsea & Theodore Womens Sleeveless Maxi Dress
- Desigual Womens Cornelio Sleeveless Dress Casual Dress
- Ellen Tracy Women's Collarless Jacket
- Genuine Leather Credit Card Holder Wallet ID Badge Case with Neck Strap
- Hurley Women's Apparel Womens Quick Dry Block Party Hybrid Swimsuit Bodysuit One Piece Swimsuit
- Karen Kane Womens Asymmetric TieSleeve Top Blouse
- LIMATRY Fashion casual canvas shoulder bag Black
- Masked Brand C9 Champion Women's Freedom Capri Leggings
- Navy_69053 Womens Ponytail Hat Packable Sun Predection Summer SPF 50 Hiking Garden Fishing 5561cm
- Persol PO9649S10524E55 Brown Clubmaster Sunglasses
- Red Lemai Floral Off The Shoulder Goddess Long Sleeves Cape Prom Evening Dresses
- Silk Embroidery Small Scarf Gives You Unique Beauty, 1
- Taylor Dresses Womens Novelty Jacquard Fit and Flare Dress
- Marella Sport Women's 33410994BLACK Black Cotton Cardigan
- Aiyue Yishen VNeck Lace Appiliques Ball Gown 16 Quinceanera Backless Evening Dress
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Womens Chelsey Woven Casual Dress Casual Dress
- blueeprint LIKELY Womens Standard Scallop Manhattan Dres
- Ultrapurple Outdoor Research Women's Deviator Hooded Vest
- Wild Little Cat White Duck Down Coat ExtraLong Down Jacket Winter Thick Warm Outwear Long Parka
- Yellowgold 1 6 Total Carat Weight DIAMOND LADIES CLUSTER EARRINGS
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.