Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Hot Mama Ink One Lucky Mother Long Sleeve Maternity Nursing Throw Over
- June's Young Women Hats Summer Wide Brim Derby Hats Pink
- Light pink Long Scarves Wrap Shawl Long Stole Thick Style Scarf Headscarf Neck Wrap Stole MufflerFour Seasons Female Mulberry Silk Fashion Long Scarf HENGXIAO (color Apricot, Size 180 70cm)
- Mechaly Soft Cotton Blend colorful Stripe No Show Socks Everyday Wearshoes Size 69 Sock Size 91136Pairs (Lt.Pink)
- Next Level Women's Set in 1x1 Baby Rib Collar TShirt (Pack of 6)
- Pink Sports Women, Shockproof Running Fitness Veststyle Yoga Bra, with Chest Pad, Nylon Material, No Steel Ring
- Replay Jeans Woman White WGX689.028.80641
- Sky bluee Uther Junior Tulle Prom Homecoming Cocktail Dresses Short Scoop Neck Bridesmaid Dress
- Straw Hat Women Summer Shade Sunscreen Travel Seaside Folding Beach Hat Sun Hat (color 1 , Size Hat 8 Centimeters)
- Ujena My Little Black Velvet CoverUp Dress
- Whitewed 20's Great Gatsby Style Beaded Vintage Halloween Party Clothes Dresses
- orange Purple Pink and Brown Tie Dye Rectangle Women's Hijab Scarf with Tassles
- Alberto Makali Vest Teal Green Black Faux Fur Leather 361291
- Womens Winter Warm Elegant Cozy Fashion Faux Fur Hooded Overcoat
- Bardot Womens Asymmetrical Wrap Dress
- bluee DIDK Women's Beaded Shoulder Surplice Velvet Bodysuit
- Cherry Handbag Republic Ostrich Embossed Round Tote w Fringe, Strap + Wallet
- Desigual Womens Sport Long Tight Wild Leggings
- EllieHouse Women's 2 Tier gold Sequin Lace Wedding Bridal Veil With Comb HD02
- Gianni Versace Eyeglasses V20 Col. A38 Light Brown 4818 Made in
- I.N.C. International Concepts Women's Petite Printed LayeredLook Top
- Karen Kane Women's Stripe French Terry Dress
- Lior paris Womens Artful Daisy Tunic
- Marycrafts Women's Work Office Business Fit Flare Midi Dress
- Navy Lily Nine West Womens Mini Stripe Trouser Pant Pants
- Periwinkle bluee Floral Women's One Size Poly Blend TwoSided Rectangle Fashion Scarf
- Red Ladies Wallet, Simple Clutch, Currency Organizer
- Silicone Fake Belly, Artificial Belly Fake Pregnancy, Adult Abdominal Filling, Suitable For RolePlaying And Fake Pregnant Women,Skinless(SelfAdhesive),2To3months 1200G
- Taylor Dresses Womens Geo Print Scuba Shift Dress Dress
- 170 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots K2EA0 Skull pink
- Angry Rabbit Women's Juniors Mid Waist Flared Jeans
- BetterGirl TM Womens Retro Vintage Double Layer Pleated Maxi Long Skirt
- Burgundy 1 DIDK Women's Lace Trim Satin Cami & Shorts Pajama Set
- Vimans Women's Elegant Sexy Long Off Shoulder Half Sleeve Mermaid Wedding Dress
- Women's Basic Shift Dress Geometric Print
- Zoulee Women's Plaid Cloak Irregular Hem Coat Front Two Pockets
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.