Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
170 110 cm Women's Sunscreen Large Size Beach Towel Ladies Silk Shawl, Autumn and Winter Printing Neck Scarves Shawl Temperament Wild
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
170 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots B6NU6 Double Sides Cabochon Frame Setting 25mm
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- May Queen MQ1265 3 4 Sleeve Mother of The Bride Dress (6XL, Silver)
- New Super Wide Bridal Veils New Two Layers 3.5 m White Ivory Bridal Accessory Veil For Brides Lace Wedding Veil with Comb,Ivory,350cm
- Pink Himoda Women's Sweetheart gold Lace Homecoming Dresses Appliques Prom Gowns Short H08
- REDRed Armycrew 2 Pack Lightweight Foam Sun Visor String Coil Tennis Visor
- SIXIULIYU Silk Dresses Fashion Daily Woman Dress Silk Conservat Style Summer and Spring Silk Geogette Fabric
- Star Vixen Women's PlusSize 3 4 Sleeve Fauxwrap Dress with Collar
- Topbridal Women's VNeck Sleeveless Illusion Bodice Jersey Backless Mermaid Wedding Dresses
- Wallet leather 'Frandi' 2 bluee tones.
- 10kt Yellow gold Womens Round Diamond Dolphin Fish Animal Wrap Ring .03 Cttw
- ANFF Women's Spaghetti Straps Wedding Dress Formal Party Evening Prom Dress
- Yawtel0003 Charcoal A2Y Women's Premium Long Sleeve Dolphin Hem Shell Button Henley Top (S 3XL)
- Beautiful Yellow gold 14K Yellowgold 14k Polished Sunburst Earring Jackets
- Brandslock Trench Ladies Mid Length Designer Real Leather Jacket Sale
- Columbia Sportswear Women's Beadhead Flannel Long Sleeve Shirt
- women Ricco Womens Sleeveless Flower Printed Overlay Sheath Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.