Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- [BLANKNYC] Blank NYC Womens Hi Rise Destruced Shorts In Climbing Walls
- QZ Home Ms Spring and Summer Sun Predection Sunhat Elegant Straw Hat Shade Great Edge Beach Hat (color White)
- Scarisee Womens VNeck Beaded Short Mini Prom Homecoming Dresses Pockets Backless Party Gowns Spaghetti StrapsSA97
- Sunglasses Storage Boxes Sunglasses Case Creative Glasses Storage Box Portable Sunglasses Case MultiFunction Ultra Light
- Valentino VA4028 500114 Black VA4028 Cats Eyes Sunglasses Lens Category 2 Size
- Wofupowga Women's Trench Coat Overcoat Stylish Irregular Single Breasted Pea Coats
- Yoyorule lapel Long sleeves Solid color Removabl zipper PU Leather Moto Bomber coat jacket
- AMO Womens Sunday Tank White Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver Heart Earrings
- Bollywood Party wear Straight Salwar Kameez Suit Dupatta Ceremony Satin
- Chala Schnauzer Patch Crossbody Bag, Olive
- DELight Women's Active Regular Fit Zip up Hoodie
- EVA LADY Gothic Womens Evening Party Long Dresses Steampunk Backless Sexy Mixi Dress
- Generic WOMN Red & Teal bluee Embroidered SemiStitched Lehenga & Choli with Dupatta
- Huiyuzhi Women's Two Pieces Bikini Push Up Crop Top Cheeky High Waisted Bikini Set
- Kangma Women's Solid Turndown Collar Pocket Cardigan Long Sleeve Jacket Long Coat
- Lilyla Homecoming Dresses HiLow V Neck Prom Dresses Short Satin Evening Gowns Womens 2018
- Manhattan Portage Skillman Backpack, Grey, One Size
- Natural Le Mystere Women's Lace Tisha PlusSize TShirt Bra
- Pastel Pink FeiYueXinXing Satin HighLow Short OffTheShoulder Homecoming Dress for Juniors with Pockets
- Ralph Lauren Womens VNeck Shift Dress Black Xs
- ShalinIndia Designer Kurti Tunic for Women Luxurious Kurtis Cotton & Viscose Tops
- LXKDYYY Womens Sport One Piece Swimsuit Competitive Swimwear Swimming Suits for Women Patchwork Bathing Suits Lady bluee
- Aishanglina Women's Long Train Appliques Crystal Beaded Formal Evening Wedding Party Dress
- Steel and Gathered Together A Swimsuit Spa Skirt Style Bikini Three Bikini Swimsuit Black, Wine Red, Peach Heart Pattern,XL (color As Shown, Size One Size)
- Twisted X Women's Tough Enough To Wear SlipOn Driving Mocs
- White PLLP Bridal Strapless Slim Wedding Wedding Party Wedding Dress
- YALUXE Women's Large Capacity Small Compact Leather Wallet with Zipper Pocket ID Window
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.