Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Inc Womens BoatNeck colord Tank Top Red XL
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Women's RuffleLicious OnePiece Swimsuit
- LOBiI78lu Women's Batwing Knitted Long Cardigan Sweater Coat Warm Jumper
- MINKPINK Womens Little Lolita Sleeveless Faux Wrap Shirt Dress Dress
- NOVIA Women's Long Bridesmaid Dresses
- PrettyGuide Women V Neck Deco Gatsby 1920s Sequins Fringe Sway Flapper Dress
- Proenza Schouler TwoPiece Classic Bikini Electric Pink
- Royal bluee Wanshaqin 2019 Women's Strapless Sweetheart Beaded Quinceanera Dresses Bridal Ball Gown Wedding Dresses for Brides
- Speedo Womens' One Piece Swimsuit Endurance+ Texture Touchback
- TTdamai Women's Sexy Sequin Evening Dresses for Party Mermaid Split Side Long Prom Gown
- White BBHoping Women's Side Ruched 3 4 Sleeve Maternity Scoopneck T Shirt Top Pregnancy Clothes
- 1.34 Ct Heart Shape Red Rhodolite Garnet Red Garnet 14K Yellow gold Earrings
- Alo Yoga Womens Pure Tank
- XOXO Junior's 25Inch MeshInsert Skirt
- Bar III Women's Printed Surplice RuffledSleeve Top
- bluee BB&KK Women's Pencil Dress with Pockets Belt Long Sleeve Knee Length Elegant Business Casual S3XL
- Chenghouse Ball Gown Prom Dresses Appliques Long Sleeves Prom Evening Dresses
- Desigual Women's Floral Nati 3 4 Sleeve TShirt Top
- Envelope Clutch Bag Fashion Long Wallet Korean Version of The Simple Lychee Pattern Handbag Ladies Purse (color Yellow) (color Black)
- Gloria Vanderbilt Women's Amanda Skinny Jeans, 12 Short Navy
- I'm good at you Women Woolen Overcoat Camel Poncho Winter Knitwear Shawl Cape Feminino Loose Warm Outerwear
- Keepsake The Label Womens Need You Now Floral Print Puff Sleeve Ruched Ruffle Dress Special Occasion Dress
- LJ Designs Pearl and Crystal Tiara (T40)
- Maya Brooke Womens Geo Print Jacket Dress Two Piece Set Dress
- New Women Lace Sexy Half Sleeve Split Wedding Qipao
- Pink lady cotton long sleeves pajamas sweet cute princess stripes home clothing ( color Pink , Size M )
- Reebok Womens Synergystic Active Constructed One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece Swimsuit
- Skemo Women's Organika Short Kaftan
- Tgirls Women's Wedding Faux Fur Shawl and Wrap Bridal Fur Stole Fur Scarf for Bride and Bridesmaids
- 100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings Y6BW8S Round Cabochon Base Blank 14mm
- AMONIDA V Neck Short Sleeve Cotton Long Nightgowns Pockets Button Up Nightdress
- Belugue Women's Body Shaper Briefer Shapewear Tank Bodysuits
- BU2H Womens Hoodie Down Slim Fit Jacket Faux Fur Thicked Winter Parka Coat
- Versus by Versace Sunglasses E87 Col. 916 Black
- Women Running Arm Warmer Runner's Sleeves with Compression Half Marathon 13.1
- ZESICA Women's Summer Striped Spaghetti Strap Button Down Swing Midi Dress with Pockets
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.