Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
AchangScarf Hangzhou Silk Scarf Female Spring and Autumn Thin Silk Scarf Korean Version of The Wild Silk Shawl Long Section (color Light bluee)
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 10 Crosby Derek Lam Womens Front Laced Triangle Swim Top Bikini Top
- Altra Women's Stashjack Windbreaker Fullback, Black, Small
- Beige Shape Concept Fajas Colombianas Reductoras y Moldeadoras High Compression Garments After Liposuction Full Bodysuit SCM0071
- Brown 8107 Grebrafan Wedding Lace up Boned Corset Busiter Top Clubwear Plus Size
- Conner Hats Women's Move To The Music Wool Hat
- Drasawee Women's Short Organza Homecoming Prom Party Dress Formal Gowns
- Flower in Rust ShopMyTrend Women_s Sleeveless Flowy Midi Summer Beach A Line Tank Dress
- Womens Classic Faux Fox Fur Coats Luxury Hooded Jacket Long Overcoat
- Zynotti Women's Rhinestone Bridesmaid Wedding Satin Robe
- Gen1 Leathers Womens Black Mission Impossible 6 Rebecca Ferguson Moto Jacke
- Hugo Boss BOSS Womens Vamalea Above Knee Professional Pencil Skirt
- KANSOON Women color Block 2 Piece Outfits Short Sleeve Crop Tops and Bodycon Shorts Set Tracksuit
- LHHJ Coat Chemical Fiber Blend LongSleeved Women's Casual Brown Jacket
- Maweisong Women Peacoat Winter Outdoor Wool Blended Classic Pea Coats Jacket
- MyBatua Women's Elegant Party Wear Nazish Tunic in Sea Green
- PattyBoutik Women's Notch Neck Cable Sweater
- RE DONE Raw Short Sleeve Sweatshirt Smiley Off White
- Scarf, Female Winter Warm Wool Scarf 3 color Knitted Wool Shawl Thick 190cm
- Splendid Womens Thermal Cardigan Cardigan Sweater
- Trussardi Women's 56T001911T001675BIANCO White Cotton TShirt
- VOGUE Women's Injected Woman Sunglass 0VO2964SB Rectangular Sunglasses
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.