Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Imperial Red QUICHUA ARTISANAL Handmade Peruvian Striped Alpaca Poncho
- Kelaixiang Bridal 1 Tier Cathedral Wedding Veils Sparkly Rhinestones for Bride with Comb
- LKCENCA Women Victorian Flare Sleeve Medieval Renaissance Retro Hoodies Dress
- Minclouse Women's Long Sleeves Dolman Cardigan Basic Loose Open Front Tops
- black Magie Black Aubade Delicate Extase Triangle Plunge Comfort Bra
- Prada PR 10SV Glasses in Black PR 10SV 1AB1O1 51 51 Clear
- Prima women golden Dreams Full Cup Bra (0162880)
- Royal bluee CladiyaDress Women Illussion Neck Long Bridesmaid Dress Evening Gowns C068LF
- SRC Recovery Shorts Compression Garment aids in Pain Relief
- Turquoise Long VNeck Formal Prom Dress for Women with Trumpet Spaghetti Straps Skirt
- White ASBridal Prom Dresses Long Sleeve Evening Gowns Tulle Beaded Formal Evening Party Dress
- 10 inch x 13 inch Hancarved Women Top Handle Satchel Leather Handbags Shoulder Messenger Tote Bag Purse Laptop Tote Bag Crafted By Sparsh Inc
- Xiao Jian Ballet Skirt Adult Tutu Skirt White Fluffy Swan Lake Show Show Competition Suit New Lace Skirt Dancing unifom (color White, Size XXL)
- AFPANQZ High Waisted Bikini Set, Vintage Falbala Two Piece Swimsuits for Women Halter Cute Bathing Suit orange Size 8
- BCBGeneration Womens Metallic Cocktail Dress Cocktail Dress
- bluee WeiPoot Women's Shopping PatentLeather Bags Embroidered Fashion
- CG Chris Gelinas Women's Flounce Skirt
- Dasein Womens Large Soft Hobo Bag Fashion Shoulder Bag Deisgner Purse (brownnew)
- Es Unico Vintage Gauze Nightdress Women Sleepwear Nightgown
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.