Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
- 170 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots S0WV5 Diamond Shape
- Rebecca Minkoff Women's Auriga Sleeveless Lace Dress
- SHENLINQIJ 3 Pieces Champagne Mother of The Bride Dress Full Length 3 4 Sleeves
- Tahari Womens Plus Size Black Laser Cut Crepe Pant Suit with Zipper Front Suit Pants Set
- Vimans Women's Knee Length Sleeveless Homecoming Dresses 2018 Short Satin Prom Gown DressVBH031
- Women's Bathing Suit Cover Up Women Bathing Suit Cover Sexy Openwork Knitting Bikini Swimwear Beach Cover Up Vest Swimsuit Bathing Suit for Beach Swimwear Summer (color White, Size Free Size)
- ZOWYA Women Ponytail Chunky Soft Stretch Cable Knit Warm Beanie Breathable Fleece Lined Skull Beanie
- Alice & Trixie Womens Natalie Romper Dress
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Fancy CZ Ring
- Body Wrappers Womens Camisole VFront, Low Back Dress (TW618)
- Cashmere Hot Water Bottle Cover Made in Scotland (Infra Pink)
- Dark Grey Superb Zone Autumn Winter Women Suede Skirt Long Pleated Skirts Midi Faldas Vintage Midi Skirt
- Emmani Women's One Shoulder Crystal Beaded Aline Bridesmaid Dresses Party Gown
- Gore XRun Ultra Calf Sleeves AW15
- Indian Handicrfats Export Women Rajasthani Red Pure Cotton Skirt (Red)(SMSKT594)
- JudyBridal Women Sexy Illusion Beaded Hollow Back Mermaid Prom Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.