Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Womens Cowl Neck and Over The Shoulder Maternity Dress Rust
- Alfani Womens Ruffle Sleeve ALine Party Dress
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver CZ Round Flower Earrings
- Bollywood New Launch Collection Gown Anarkali Salwar Bridal Wedding Ceremony Punjabi Eid dress 550 Shri Balaji Women
- color 7 Unions Women Halter Crystal Beaded Prom Quinceanera Dress Sweet 16 Ball Gown Dresses
- Do Not Disturb Bundle Natural & White Funky Junque Women's Bold Cursive Embroidered Adjustable Beach Floppy Sun Hat
- FIG Clothing Womens Hux Sweater
- Women Satchel Purse Handbag Tote Shoulder Crossbody Bag Top Handle Barrel Design Bag
- Zexxxy Women Tankini Dress Set with Boyshort 2 Piece Stripe Swimsuit
- golden Olive AG Adriano goldschmied Women's Velvet Jodi HighRise Crop Flare
- Indian Bollywood Saree golden Paisley Border Ethnic Party Designer Dress Sari
- Joe's Jeans Womens Standard Cut Off Denim Jacket
- LiBridal Women's Short Beaded Homecoming Dresses for Juniors,V Neck Straps Formal Prom Gowns with Pockets
- Max Studio London Womens TieNeck Knit Sweater
- Muke Women's Cotton Linen V Neck Aline Asymmetry Baggy Long Sleeve Black Dress
- Pajama Sets Nightgown Ladies Spring and Autumn Cotton LongSleeved Camisole Nightdress Bathrobe Sexy Red Pajamas Bathrobe Pajama Sets (color Red, Size XXL)
- Rachel Rachel Roy Womens Plus Ruffled OffTheShoulder Casual Dress
- Sand ToBeInStyle Women's Knitted Acrylic Button Up Cardigan Sweater
- SpyfoxArt Studio Birds Women's Cut & Sew Casual Leggings
- Turquoise Dressytailor Hater Aline Long Sequined Evening Party Gown Beaded Formal Prom Dress with Pockets
- VOA Round Neck Sleeveless Asymmetry Soft Swing Type Elastic Waist Silk Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.