Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Ouxiuli Womens Lightweight Lapel Trench Coat Loose Casual Open Front Oversize Coat
- QY Bride Strapless Mini Pageant Cocktail Dresses Camo Wedding Guest Gown
- Scarfs Women, Silk & Wool Long Shawl Wraps Soft Warm for Ladies,Thick Solid Colour Design Cotton Blend Shawl Scarf,Solid Colour Shawl Scarf Wrap Shawls Scarves, 5
- Sunglasses For Women, Retro Large Frame Polarized Sunglasses For Women's UV Predection Sports Sunglasses
- V Neck Prom Dresses Spaghetti Strap Long Aline Satin Formal Women Ruffled Evening Party Gown
- WJS Sweet Pure color Wool Unisex Men Women Warm Monochrome Long Autumn Winter Outdoor MultiFunctional Fgreyion Trend Wild Warm Shawl Scarf Gift
- Xinantime Roman Women's lace high Heel Wedding Dress, Party Simple Light shoes Transparent Sole Sandals
- (Fba)blueeleopard GloriaDance G1010 Latin Ballet Modern Ballroom Professional Waist Yarn Inserted Inclined Shoulder Tops Leotard
- Alicepub Sexy Halter Evening Gowns Women Formal Dresses Elegant Prom Dress Long
- Balance Women's Precison Running Tight Pant
- blue by Rod Beattie One Piece Swimsuit Ruched Ombre Sweetheart Over The Shoulder Maillot 8 Purple bluee
- Charter Club Women's Open Asymmetrical 3 4 Sleeve Top
- Dark Purple Sophie Women's Strapless Sweetheart Lace Applique Sweet 15 Ball Gowns Quinceanera Dress S198
- Equipment Womens Slim Signature Dress Snake Dress
- Gocgt Women Fashion Hooded Packable Ultra Light Weight MidLength Down Jacket
- INC International Concepts Belted Denim Shirtdress (Ink Wash, 4)
- JYDress Women's Elegant Office Lady Business Suits Two Piece Sets Female Blazer & Pants
- Liliam Women Casual Holographic Waterproof Alien Triangle Backpack Daypack Satchel Shoulder Bag(Silver 1)
- Mercer Culinary M62050WRBXXS Renaissance Women's White Scoop Neck Jacket with Royal bluee Piping, XXSmall
- Nicole Miller New York Womens Deep VNeck Fitted Cocktail Dress Dress
- Piovino Prescription Eye Glasses Frame Ultem Super Light, Flexible 3002 C41C
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.