Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Ouxiuli Womens Lightweight Lapel Trench Coat Loose Casual Open Front Oversize Coat
- QY Bride Strapless Mini Pageant Cocktail Dresses Camo Wedding Guest Gown
- Scarfs Women, Silk & Wool Long Shawl Wraps Soft Warm for Ladies,Thick Solid Colour Design Cotton Blend Shawl Scarf,Solid Colour Shawl Scarf Wrap Shawls Scarves, 5
- Sunglasses For Women, Retro Large Frame Polarized Sunglasses For Women's UV Predection Sports Sunglasses
- V Neck Prom Dresses Spaghetti Strap Long Aline Satin Formal Women Ruffled Evening Party Gown
- WJS Sweet Pure color Wool Unisex Men Women Warm Monochrome Long Autumn Winter Outdoor MultiFunctional Fgreyion Trend Wild Warm Shawl Scarf Gift
- Women's Wallet pink Zip Wallet Women's Wallet Leather Goods (color Red) Ladies Purses (color Red)
- Regatta Womens Ladies Water Repellent Pants
- Alex Evenings Women's Plus Size Midi Empire Waist Sheath Dress with Sleeves
- BCBGeneration Womens Maxi Dress Dress
- bluee WaySoft Women 100% Cashmere Beanie Hat
- Clarisse Women's Mermaid Lace Gown
- Dark Green tutu.vivi Women's Satin Tea Length Mother of The Bride Dresses Short Sleeves Prom Dress with Pockets
- English Bridal Leather Saddle Bag Cross Body Handmade Purse with Adjustable Shoulder Strap
- Glenna Jean Millie Diaper Stacker, Pink Dot
- I'll NEVER BE HER Navy Weekend Casual Pleated Ruffle Trim Lace Trim Dress 2018 Autumn Long Sleeve Elegant Dress Women Dresses
- Kari Traa Women's Perle Fleece
- LISA.MOON Women's High Neck Back Hole Beading Lace Applique Tulle Evening Dress
- Midnight Multi Bailey 44 Womens Folie a Deux Floral Print Dress Dress
- Nikita Clothing Nikita Brittany Jumpsuit Coral
- PLUM PRETTY SUGAR Flutter Robe. Persimmon Hears Her Wish
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.