Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 160 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots M4XA7 Giraffe
- Angie Womens Long Sleeve Cold Shoulder Open Back Dress Dress
- Betsy & Adam Womens Petites Crepe Special Occasion Evening Dress
- Burgundy Women's 3 Pieces lace Mother of Bride Dress Pant Suits Long Sleeves
- Cozy Checked Plaid Blanket Scarf Soul Young Tartan Stylish Cape Wrap Shawl for Women and Men
- Tinted bluesh Laundry by Shelli Segal Women's Crepe Off The Shoulder Cocktail
- Volcom Womens Fuzz Buster Sweater
- Women's Star Print Loose Fit Ripped Holes Boyfriend Denim Jacket Coat
- Dark gold CIRCLEWLD Off Shoulder Long Sleeves Sequin Formal Dresses Slit Mermaid Evening Gown E210
- Europe Fish Mouth Boot Cut Pant Very Large Jeans Female Slim Elasticity (Size 25)
- Gorgioous Summer Women Dress Long Sleeve Beach Dress Casual V Neck Maxi Robe
- Hudson Jeans Womens Barbara High Waist Super Skinny Ankle 5Pocket Jean Jeans
- Jxfd Womens Long Sleeve Double Breasted Trench Coat Chelsea Tailoring Overcoat
- purplec RTTUTED Satin Beaded Long Prom Gown with Pockets for Formal Wedding Dress Evening
- MAZEL UNIFORMS Womens 30 INCH Short LAB Coat
- New Womens Genuine Sheep Leather Slim Fit Biker Jacket LFW399
- Pink MariRobe Women's Lace Applique Backless Prom Dress Long A Line Wedding Dress Strap V Neck Formal Party Drsss
- Regatta Standout Womens Arley Hooded Softshell Jacket
- Salvatore Ferragamo Eyeglasses SF 2641 blueE 414 SF2641
- Style 109 ZERDOCEAN Women Plus Size Printed Short Sleeves Tunic Tops Flowy T Shirt
- Ultra Marine Adrianna Papell Womens Stretch Cotton Lattice Shift Dress
- Wigs For Women Human Hair Lace Front 26'' Long Loose Wavy Synthetic Black Fashion 2019 Clearance
- Yellow YMSHA Women's Lace Top Prom Dress TwoPiece Long Formal Evening Gowns Side Slit with Pockets XY004
- 1545 Designs Women’s Plus Size Mandarin Collar Neck Sleeveless Dress
- Angie Junior's PlusSize Spice Printed Bell Sleeve Dress
- Betsy & Adam Womens Cape Sleeves Sequined Cocktail Dress
- Burgundy V Neck Beaded Prom Gown Long Satin Backless Aline Formal Evening Dress with Pockets
- CowCow Womens Animal Horses Rabbit Dog Cats Panda Fox Short Sleeve Dress, XS5XL
- Dusty Lavender JAEDEN Prom Dress Long 2019 Gowns and Evening Dresses A Line Birthday Dress A Line Evening Gowns Satin
- Etwoa's Birds bluee Yellow Print Infinity Scarf Circle Scarf Loop Scarf
- Gore Bike WEAR Women's 3 4 Length Bike Shorts, Breathable, Gore Selected Fabrics, E Series Lady Tights 3 4+
- Indian Handicrfats Export Aurelia Pink Printed Maxi Flared Skirt (Size S)
- Khaki Ladies Sun Shade Hat Sun Predection Sun Visor Women's Cool Summer Hat Khaki Beige for Outdoor Beach for Summer Beach Park Camping Vacation (color White)
- Long Fine Cashmere Scarf Karakoram BirdsEye Weave Jonquil by Pashmina & Silk
- Miraclesuit Shapewear Sexy Sheer Black Singlette 2781
- NYDJ Hayden Yucca Valley Straight Leg
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.