Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 160 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots M4XA7 Giraffe
- Angie Womens Long Sleeve Cold Shoulder Open Back Dress Dress
- Betsy & Adam Womens Petites Crepe Special Occasion Evening Dress
- Burgundy Women's 3 Pieces lace Mother of Bride Dress Pant Suits Long Sleeves
- Cozy Checked Plaid Blanket Scarf Soul Young Tartan Stylish Cape Wrap Shawl for Women and Men
- Tinted bluesh Laundry by Shelli Segal Women's Crepe Off The Shoulder Cocktail
- Volcom Womens Fuzz Buster Sweater
- Women's Star Print Loose Fit Ripped Holes Boyfriend Denim Jacket Coat
- Delight in the Lord Missy Shirt
- Faceplant Bamboo New Lounge Pant
- Green CEFULTY Summer Shawl Rectangle Lady Large Size Seaside Adumbral Sunscreen Silk Shawl (color Green)
- Hudson Jeans Womens Tilda Midrise Cigarette 32 Inch Hem 5 Pocket Jean Jeans
- JYDX V Neck Sequins Backless Wedding Dress Ruffled Prom Dresses Bridesmaid Gown Long Formal Party Gowns
- Liliyluckly Backless Print Dress Square Collar Lantern Sleeve High Waist
- Max Studio London Womens Printed Fit & Flare Dress Armwhpld S
- New Fendi FF 0206 0737 bluee Multi color Eye Wear
- Pink Bhome Nursing Shirt Short Sleeve Cowl Neck Pregnancy Top for Breastfeeding
- Red Women's Fancy Buckle colorTrimmed Patent Leather Wide Fashion Jelly Clear Belt, White XS S 28
- Sea Green Tribal Womens Cap Sleeve Embroidered Tee TShirt
- SUSA Medium Support White Non Wired Bra 7316
- VAUDE Women's La Luette Shirt
- Women Dress Ruffled ShortSleeved VNeck Solid color High Waist Slim Fit Zipper Splice Fold Polyester Women Dress Skirt
- YUNHAO Waffle Honeycomb Cotton Bathrobe Solid color Couple Nightgown Simple Long Section Home Service A (color Women's White, Size OneSize)
- 190 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots S9RY5 Puppy Dog
- Anjali Women's Active Workout Shero Legging Yoga Pants XS, S, M, L, XL
- Beyove Women's Solid Sleeveless Solid color Drape Open Cardigan Vest Black XXL
- Buttercup Tresics Women's VNeck Boyfriend T with Front Pocket and Low Shirt Tail
- Cream bluee Abstract Printed Long Silk Scarf
- DYR Outdoor Backpack Men and Women Riding Bag Sports Bag MultiFunction Water Bag Hiking OffRoad Bag Can Be Wholesale, bluee
- Estivo Coastal Affair Tankini Top
- gold Wedding Bridal Leaves Veils 1T Trailing Long Beautiful Veil Lace Edge Cathedral Length
- Incolacolle Women Lace Dresses Mermaid Round Neck Bell Sleeve Midi Shift Dress with Glitter for Party Cocktail Evening
- Kensie Women's Stacked Daisy Eyelet Dress
- Lollipops [P6170] Mesh scarf 'Lollipops' shiny black 222x37.5 cm (87.40''x14.76'').
- Mint Green PrettyTatum Women's Strapless Satin Prom Dresses Long Formal Evening Ball Gowns with Pockets
- Nulibenna Womens 2 Piece Bikini Set Solid Padded Pleated Tankini Top Triangle Swimsuit
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.