Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Colleer 2PCS U Plunge Bra, Push up Bra Self Adhesive Strapless Silicone Bra
- DMMSS Ladies Robe Winter Coral Velvet Thick Bathrobes Luxury Noble Long Sleeved Pajamas Beibei Velvet Home Service
- Fieer Women's MidLong Lapel Plus Velvet Oblique Zipper Leather Trench Coat
- Hajotrawa Women's Pants Coat Slim Long Sleeve Blazer Jacket Suit Sets
- HuidiNET Dinner Fishtail Sequin Evening Dress New LongSleeved Tassel Slim VNeck Women Dress Hollow Leisure Solid color (color 4, Size S)
- JUN New Scarf Ladies National Style Printing Thick Section Warm Wild Casual Shawl (color C)
- Light bluee Vantexi Women's Elegant Lace Tulle Prom Ball Gown Quinceanera Dresses
- Maison Jules Charter Club Women's ScallopTrim Halter Dress
- Nally & Millie Womens Short Sleeve VNeck Sharkbite Tunic
- Pandapang Womens Winter Lapel DoubleBreasted WoolBlend Overcoat Pea Coat
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.