Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Fashion Shades Natural Wooden Sunglasses Polarized Glasses Both Men and Women Personality Eye Predector Uv Predection Eyes Predection
- Grey1 MAXIMGR NOT Today Heifer TShirt Womens Cow Printed Shirts V Neck Summer Short Sleeve Top Tees
- J.Crew Factory Women's Rainbow Gingham Woven Tank
- La Mariee Rouched Sheath Lace Evening Dresses With Cap Sleeves Gala Party Dress
- Luna Di Giorno Hooded Bathrobe Satin Collection
- M Zhuyuanhai Scarf Lady winter winter shawls Thick warm Su dualse a solid color scarf
- NAWO Genuine Leather Handbags Designer Tote Purses Shoulder Satchel Bags for Women
- PattyBoutik Women's color Block Halter Ribbed Knit Dress
- RBX Active Women's Long Sleeve Ventilated Workout Tee Shirt
- Scottish Terrier Dog 4 1 4 x 7 1 4 wallet by Ruth Maystead
- Sunsets Womens Iconic Twist Tankini Printed Tankini Top
- Van Caro Thick Plaid Cashmere Wool Winter Scarf Shawl for Women Men
- 100 PCS Keyrings Keychains Key Ring Chains Tags Jewelry Findings Clasps Buckles Supplies S5IF3 Yellow Green Tassels
- Ambiance bluee & White Striped Cold Shoulder Top
- White, gold 33 Da Facioun Indian Women Designer Latest Fancy Party Wear Heavy Kaftan
- Yellow FWVR Women's Appliques Mermaid Evening Gowns with Sleeves Formal Long Prom Dresses Beaded
- Beach Lacoste Womens Classic Short Sleeve Slim Fit Stretch Pique Polo Polo Shirt
- Bobeau Women's Apparel Womens All Self Hi Lo 2 Tier Ruffle S Shirt
- Coco Reef Women's St. Lucia Aura Ruffle Bikini Top
- DKNY Women's 0dy4158 Rectangular Sunglasses, Black, 55.0 mm
- Fenghuavip Women's Sweetheart Spaghetti Straps Pink Prom Dresses
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.