Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Fashion Shades Natural Wooden Sunglasses Polarized Glasses Both Men and Women Personality Eye Predector Uv Predection Eyes Predection
- Grey1 MAXIMGR NOT Today Heifer TShirt Womens Cow Printed Shirts V Neck Summer Short Sleeve Top Tees
- J.Crew Factory Women's Rainbow Gingham Woven Tank
- La Mariee Rouched Sheath Lace Evening Dresses With Cap Sleeves Gala Party Dress
- Luna Di Giorno Hooded Bathrobe Satin Collection
- M Zhuyuanhai Scarf Lady winter winter shawls Thick warm Su dualse a solid color scarf
- Navy Esenchel Women's TShirt Dress Long Sleeves Swing Casual Dress
- Paige Denim, Jimmy Jimmy Crop Skinny Boyfriend Jeans, Black Silk Coating (30)
- Raan Pah Muang Skirt 14 Layer Flowing African Dashiki in Bright Multi color Patches
- SDRESS Women's Sexy Crew Neck Open Back Sweep Train Mermaid Prom Evening Dress
- Surfywin Women's Sexy Lace Jumpsuits Long Sleeve Halter Wide Leg Long Pants Fashion
- Vantexi Women's Taffeta Halter Evening Ball Gown Formal Prom Dress
- 100 PCS Keyrings Keychains Key Ring Chains Tags Jewelry Findings Clasps Buckles Supplies I3BJ4 Angel Wings
- Amanda Uprichard Womens Lipstick Dress Dress
- White Womens Sexy Rhinestone Long Sleeve Bodycon Mesh See Through Jumpsuit Clubwear
- Yellow ASBridal Prom Dresses Long Sleeve Evening Gowns Tulle Beaded Formal Evening Party Dress
- BB Dakota Womens Sarafina Print Eyelet Top with Keyhole Front Casual Night Out Dress
- bluee Party wear Anarkali Salwar Kameez Suit Dupatta Ceremony Punjabi
- CIGONG Men and Women Personality Flat Face Sunglasses Sunglasses (color Black gold Frame Tea Lens)
- Diane Von Furstenberg Black Olena Combo Blazer 2
- Fashion Shoulder Bag Rucksack PU Leather Women Girls Ladies Backpack Travel Bag Abstract color Tropical Leaves
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.