Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 20KyleBird Women's Sexy VNeck Mermaid Bridesmaid Dresses Long Plus Size Sequins Prom Evening Formal Gowns KB057
- ANTS Women's Sexy One Shoulder Prom Gown ALine Beaded Evening Dress
- BILLABONG Womens Trippy Day Short Casual Shorts
- CaliaDress Women Short Sleeves Long Bridesmaid Dress Evening Gowns C230LF
- Cupcakes and cashmere Womens Janna Burnout Velvet Shift W Split Sleeves Dress
- Tracey Tanner Zipper Top Pouch Grey Smoke Streaks
- WAWALI Thin Shoulder Straps Wedding Dresses Bridal Gowns
- Women's, Teen's, Kids, CC Style Knit Winter Hat
- Desigual Womens Mila Woven Long Sleeve Blouse Blouse
- Emporio Armani EA3008 Eyeglasses5054 Brown Variegated Cream53mm
- Giro Ride Jersey Women's
- IBELLA Womens Noble Crystal Rhinestone Evening Clutch Party Purse Wedding bags
- Karen Neuburger Womens LongSleeve Girlfriend Pajama Set Pj
- Lira Womens Shayla Lace Up Floral Maxi Skirt Skirt
- Marc Jacobs MJ 252 086 JS Unisex Sunglasses
- Navy blue Rod Beattie Womens High Neck Lattice Front OnePiece Swimsuit Bathing Suit One Piece Swimsuit
- PattyBoutik Women's Empire Waist Lace Up Long Sleeve Blouse
- RD Style Women's Aztec Print Tank Dress
- Satva Recycled Moisture Wicking Mid Rise Full Length Anya Leggings
- Sun Kitten Women's Brazilian Bombshell Fringe Triangle Bikini Top
- URREBEL Women's Simon Chang Micredwill Slim Leg Capris (Style no 5987)
- Winter New Fur hat Fashion Thick Beret Warm Earmuffs hat
- Yoga Workout Leggings Pants Running Fitness Trousers Mesh Mesh Tight Stretch High Waist Breathable Yoga Pants (Size L)
- SCRT Adult Fashion Raincoat EcoEVA Outdoor OnePiece Raincoat Thicken Cloak Korean Style Poncho
- Alex Evenings Women's PlusSize TLength Mock Dress with Tulle Skirt
- Beachcoco Women's Maternity Comfortable Capri Pants Made in USA
- BODEN Women's Decadent Tunic Dress Ultramarine bluee
- COCOSHIP Women's Solids Training Sport Bra Padding Bikini Top Double Back Strap Swim Tankinis(FBA)
- DKNY Womens High Rise Business Sailor Pants
- Esast Women's Lightweight Long Down Coat Hoodie Coats Puffer Long Parka
- gold and Watches Sterling Silver Light Green CZ Textured Link Bracelet
- Inc Womens Black Tie Dye Short Sleeve Off Shoulder Top US Size XS
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Women's PlusSize Ruffle Shuffle Tiered Tankini
- Loaded Lids Women's Southern Girl Bling Trucker Style Baseball Cap
- MINKPINK Womens Knitted Bodycon Midi Dress Dress
- NOVIA Halter Lace Bead Evening Prom Dresses Long Homecoming Party Gowns Backless
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.