Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 20KyleBird Women's Sexy VNeck Mermaid Bridesmaid Dresses Long Plus Size Sequins Prom Evening Formal Gowns KB057
- ANTS Women's Sexy One Shoulder Prom Gown ALine Beaded Evening Dress
- BILLABONG Womens Trippy Day Short Casual Shorts
- CaliaDress Women Short Sleeves Long Bridesmaid Dress Evening Gowns C230LF
- Cupcakes and cashmere Womens Janna Burnout Velvet Shift W Split Sleeves Dress
- Tracey Tanner Zipper Top Pouch Grey Smoke Streaks
- WAWALI Thin Shoulder Straps Wedding Dresses Bridal Gowns
- Women's, Teen's, Kids, CC Style Knit Winter Hat
- Dasior Women's A Line Bateau Long Prom Evening Dress Laceup with Bow
- Elliatt Women's Apparel Womens Pearl Sleeveless Fit & Flare Hilo Party Dress Dress
- Giani Bernini Softy Leather Tech Wristlet
- Hendi Women's Juniors Denim Tube Top Wide Leg Jumper
- Joseph Ribkoff Royal Top Style 191084
- Leki LEKI Scene S GTX Lady Black 8.0
- Mauwey Women's Wedding Dress for Bride Off Shoulder Tulle A Line Long Bridal Gowns
- Neoprene Women's Wetsuit Women's Full 2mm Surfing Suit for Surfing, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving Surfing Scuba Diving Snorkeling Swimming Suit (Size XL)
- PIeovCsq Womens Plus Size Shirt Tops Vintage Streetwear Long Sleeve Blouse
- Red Small Clutch Wallet for Women ID Window and 20 Card Sleeve Coin Zipper Purse PU Leather DONPUA
- RuiWen Shoulder Bags Crossbody Handbag Women Fashion Tote Bag Vintage
- Starlite Shop Shopper Heart Valeria Mazza Design, pink, Women's Shoulder Bag, Pink, 13x28.5x35 cm (W x H L)
- Tutu.Vivi Women's Sweetheart High Low Prom Dresses Satin Long Ball Gown Satin ZJ091
- White LilySilk Womens Silk Pajama Set with Belt
- Xswsy XGCA Women's Winter Faux Fur Hoodie Contrast Thick Quilted Coat Overcoat Parka
- Woman Dress Women's Cotton and Linen Dress (Sleeveless)
- Alfani Womens Metallic ALine Shift Dress
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver 5mm Mesh Bracelet
- Bollywood Collection Straight Plazzo Kameez Suit Ceremony Punjabi Muslin Eid 632
- color 13 Unions Women's Off Shoulder Crystal Beaded Ball Gown Quinceanera Dresses Pageant Evening Wedding Dress
- DMMSS Women 'S Coral Velvet Household Service 2 Piece Set Round Neck Cute Suite Bathrobe Thickening Pajamas Sets
- Eyeglow Vintage Driving Polarized Lens Titanium Frame Square Sunglasses Aviator Men and Women
- grey Lady Clothing Womens Sweater Autumn Winter Casual Slim Fit Stripe Coat Tops Fashion Cosy Wild Tight Super Quality Black White for Womens (color blue, Size L)
- Iris Natori Women's Sateen Pajama Set
- KLJRWomen Winter Plus Size Drawstring Hooded Quilted Padded Coats Overcoat
- LRL Ralph Lauren Womens Down Insulated Reversible Outerwear Vest
- ModeC Bridesmaid Dresses Evening Party Gown Sequins Mermaid Halter Long Formal Wedding
- Off Shoulder Hollow Out Solid Tunic Shirt Long Sleeve Casual Women's Blouse
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.