Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- INC Womens PuffedShoulder Basic TShirt Blackberryjam Xl
- Kensie Womens Lt. Wt. Viscose Spandex Dress Dress
- Lola Jeans Womens Erinjblk Jeans
- Mint bluee Lemai Sheer V Neck Long Tulle Beaded Lace A Line Formal Evening Gown Prom Dress
- Nuanmu Women Evening Bags Glitter Bag Party Wedding Clutch Wallet Handbag Shoulder Bag
- Olive Free People Womens Draped Jacket
- PujinggeCA Women Winter Faux Fur Open Front Fuzzy Mid Length Coat Jacket Outerwear
- Ruibao 100% Mulberry Silk Fashion Pattern Long Scarf With Classic Design
- Spiritual Gangster Perfect Sweatpant Womens Active Workout Yoga Pant
- Toyshops Autumn Sweater Cardigan Loose Knitted Button Casual Knitting Coats Poncho Women Winter Cardigan
- Wavy Floral Steel bluee Plum Feathers Poly Span Empire Waist Summer Prints Maxi Dress
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Womens Paisley Daytime Skinny Pants White 8
- AINIYF Silk Like Scarf Satin Hair Scarf Fashion Neck Scarfs for Women 70x20.87inches (color A1)
- Women's waist loose straight denim nine pants ultra popular metal color embroidered beads washed old holes
- Beautiful pink gold 14K 14k pink gold Plain Medium .011 Gauge Facing Left Engraveable Girl Head Cha
- Bolle Women's Club Whites 1 4 Zip Jewel Neck Sport Tank with Mesh Stripe InsetsIdeal
- Cole of California Womens Bali Beat Strappy Back One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece Swimsuit
- DMMSS AntiRadiation Maternity Dress Genuine Four Season Wear
- Esprit Accessoires Women's 029ea1o031 CrossBody Bag
- gold Kueeni Women Hats Church Hats For Wedding Mother Of Bride Hats Silver
- INC Womens Plus Strappy Cold Shoulder Casual Top Red 3X
- Kensie Womens Juniors Sleeveless Tie Dye Maxi Dress
- Lola & Sophie Women's Tie Neck Sleeveless Top
- Marc Jacobs frame (MARC214 06J) Metal Acetate Light gold Transparent Havana
- Navy alilith Z Sexy Halter Backless A Line Graduation Prom Dresses Long Rhinestones
- PattyBoutik Women Scallop Sleeveless ALine Dress
- RAXDzN Cotton Padded Winter Fur Collar Women Hooded Wadded Warm Overcoats
- Shark Winter Thermal Cycling Jersey for Women
- Tahari ASL Womens Richard Textured 2PC Skirt Suit Pink 10
- Women's Slim Jeans Pants Floral Work,bluee,S
- Alfred Dunner Women's Good to Go Santeen Proportioned Short Pant
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver Rhplated LogoArt Alpha Delta Pi Enameled Post Earrings
- Bone cupcakes and cashmere Womens Vivica Washed Vegan Leather Moto Jacket FauxLeather Jacket
- Urvashi Rautela Bollywood Indian Anarkali Salwar Kameez Suit Dupatta Ceremony
- Winter Solid Sleeve Tassel Fur Collar Cashmere Scarf Shawl beau cheveux kinderen,Black,
- YOIOY Envelope Clutch Bag Long Wallet Zipper Female Wallet Korean Version of The Trend of Clutch Bag Fashion Ladies Change Mobile Phone Bag (color White) (color orange)
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.