Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- INC Womens PuffedShoulder Basic TShirt Blackberryjam Xl
- Kensie Womens Lt. Wt. Viscose Spandex Dress Dress
- Lola Jeans Womens Erinjblk Jeans
- Mint bluee Lemai Sheer V Neck Long Tulle Beaded Lace A Line Formal Evening Gown Prom Dress
- Nuanmu Women Evening Bags Glitter Bag Party Wedding Clutch Wallet Handbag Shoulder Bag
- Olive Free People Womens Draped Jacket
- PujinggeCA Women Winter Faux Fur Open Front Fuzzy Mid Length Coat Jacket Outerwear
- Ruibao 100% Mulberry Silk Fashion Pattern Long Scarf With Classic Design
- South Georgia And The South Sandwich Islands Flag Winter Thermal Cycling Jersey for Women
- Ulla Popken Women's Plus Size Plaid VNeck Long Sleeve Blouse 712191
- WHZZ Short Bridesmaid Dresses for Juniors VNeck Formal Prom Dresses
- 12 Cobama Womens Fishtail Floral African Print Bodycon Long Short Sleeve Dress
- Angel Bride Column V Neck Floor Length Bridesmaid Evening Party Dresses Long
- YD Hat Women's Summer Sun Hat Outdoor Travel AntiUV Beach Cap Collapsible Sun Hat (5 colors) (color 4)
- Bay BECCA ETC Womens color Play High Neck One Piece Swimsuit One Piece Swimsuit
- bluee Lady Elegant Cardigan Pajamas Long Sleeve Trousers Simulation Silk Home Apparel TwoPiece Set ( color bluee , Size XL )
- Christian Dior DiorStep Sunglasses Havana Spotted w Brown Green Lens 55mm IL5TA
- DFBB Women's Double Breasted Solid color Fall Winter Slim Mid Length Wool Blend Trench Coat Jacket Overcoat
- EthnicWear orange color Party Wear Art Silk Mustard color Embroidered Resham Saree Sari
- Goodbag Boutique Suede Fringe Tassel Messenger Bag Hippie Shoulder Bag Hobo Bag
- Indian Ethnic Ready to wear Lavender Mandarin Collar 3 4 Length Sleeve Layered Kurti Suit With Palazzo Dupatta 108okh
- Kewl Fashion Women's 40s 50s 60s Vintage Rockabilly Swing Party Dress
- London Times Womens Plus Size Sleeveless Shift Dress W. Asymetrical Hem Dress
- Maweisong Women's Winter Poncho Shawl Cape Coats Woolen Blend Outwears
- New Design Piovino Eye Glasses Frame Ultem Super Light, Flexible PV 6359 C1
- Pineapple Vince Camuto Women's Sleeveless VNeck Rumple Blouse
- Red Wanshaqin 2019 Women's Strapless Sweetheart Beaded Quinceanera Dresses Bridal Ball Gown Wedding Dresses for Brides
- Silver ZAXANTS Women's Strapless Lace Cocktail Dresses Short Party Dress
- Team 365 Ladies Championship Jacket
- Large Size Split Swimsuit, Plus Fertilizer XL Bikini Sexy Print No Steel Ring Swimsuit XL4XL
- Ainclu Women's White Dots On Black Polyester Soft Adorable Sweet Cute Wrinkled Slim Princess Lolita Dress
- BCBGeneration Womens Tube Dress Dress
- bluee Hot Pink Lodis Audrey RFID Vicky Congreenible Crossbody Clutch
- Ulla Popken Women's Plus Size Long Sleeve Fancy Yarn Knit Sweater 707554
- WHZZ Mermaid Off The Shoulder Womens' Long Prom Dress with Side Slit Evening Gown
- Yellow Uther Long Bridesmaid Dress Cold Shoulder Beaded Ruffle Sleeves Wedding Party Dresses
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.