Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings O2CM4L Zebra Horse
- Amethyst Trina Turk Womens Tieges Ruffle Popover Crepe Dress Dress
- BellisMira Women's Floral Satin Slip Silk Sleepwear Lace Chemise VNeck Nightgowns
- BSB Crochet Knit Beanie for Women Men Teens colorful Slouchy Fashion Accessory
- Copper Formal Dress Shops Inc FDS1623 Red Carpet Formal Designer Gown
- Dress the Population Womens Gwen Midi Dress Dress
- Forest Green WHLWHL Gleaming VNeckline Long Gown with Beaded Pockets Formal Evening Prom Dresses
- Frieed Women Woolen Lapel DoubleBreasted Poncho Cape Outdoor Trench Coats
- Womens Polarized Fit Over Glasses Rhinestone Sunglasses Oval Rectangular
- HEO CLOTHING Women's Plus & Regular Casual Solid Dolman Sleeve Basic Tee Blouse Shirt Top Made in USA
- Jolt Womens Floral Print Lace Short Sleeve Top
- LeatherJacket4u Women Leather Jacket 31
- Maggy London Womens Petite Printed Crepe VNeck Midi Dress with Long Sleeve Casual Night Out Dress
- N Touch Women's Peggi Scarf Print Blouse Tunic Top
- Pale Green PrettyTatum Deep V Neckline High Side Slit Long Prom Dress Bridesmaid Beach Maxi Ballgown
- Qrupoad Women Cross Faith T Shirt Graphic Tees Christian Easter Shirts for Religious Gift
- Saucony Women's Funnel Neck Sweatshirt
- Sun 'N' Sand French Laundry (Olive)
- Ursfashion Winter Women's Raccoon Fur Hoodie Duck Down Coat WhiteBlack Strip Long Warm Coat
- 14K Twotone Diamond Cut Cross Ring
- Angel&Lily Woman's Tight Legging Lace Pants Plus1x2x3x4x5x6x7x8x9x10x(size1652)
- Betsey Johnson Womens Floral Foil Dress Dress
- Woman Dress Dress Summer Dress Women's Lace ShortSleeved Mesh Skirt
- YSJ Women's Turtleneck Stretchable Long Sleeve Bodycon Knit Sweater Dress
- Black Pearl gold Tahari Womens Cap Sleeve Embrodered Lace Gown Dress
- Champion Womens Women's Plus Size Technical Poly Jacket Shell Jacket
- DesiButik's Wedding Wear Elegant Green Jacquard Silk Lehenga Choli with Dupatta
- ExOfficio Women's Wanderlux Stripe Short Skirt
- Grape Fanciest Women's Spaghetti Straps Slit Satin Prom Evening Dresses with Pockets
- INTO THE AM Superstition Cat Premium All Over Print Halloween Leggings
- Joseph Ribkoff Black Dress Style 191041
- LEISHOP Women's Button Down Long Sleeve Hoodie Floral Knitted Sweaters Jackets
- MariRobe Womens Halter Neck Mermaid Appliques Lace Long Bridesmaid Dress Formal
- Navy M Made in Womens Women's Missy Long Sleeves Crewneck Stretchy Top Shirt
- Penbrooke Women's PlusSize White Snow Yoke Blouson Tankini
- Red Dotoo Winter Fashion Cotton Clothing Women Thick Long Section Warm Cotton Jacket Cold
- Show Me Your Mumu Womens Velvet Choker Party Dress
- PRIMODA Women's Long Sleeve Pleated Polka Dot Pocket Midi Dress Short Sleeve Empire Waist Casual Swing T Shirt Dress(blueeL)
- Alex Evenings Womens Lace Shift Dress with Elongated Jacket Special Occasion Dress
- Beach Bunny Soleil Jazmin TRI TOP
- BOANGE Women's Thermal Turtleneck Top Slim Fit Layer Ultra Soft
- Sunglasses Gant GA 8051 GA8051 49G
- V Neck Ruffle Stripe Half Sleeve Casual Party Women's Party Dress Woman Dress
- WL Bathrobes Women Dressing Gown Men Towelling Robe Terry Towel Pyjama Nightwear Unisex Clothing Soft Fleece Loungewear for Gym Shower Spa,pinkfemale,M
- YOUTODRE Beaded Homecoming Dress Spaghetti Strap Short Cocktail Prom Dresses for Teens
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.