Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Huayue Yoga Pants Feather Digital Printed Bloomer Pants Bohemia Beach Pants for Fitness Printed Yoga Pants
- Jxfd Women's Coats Faux Fur Hood Puffer Thick Maxi Slim Down Coat
- purplec MorySong Women's Sweetheart Prom Ball Gown Lace Up Pageant Quinceanera Dress
- Men And Women Woven Sheepskin Wallet,21410gold
- NICE' living hall Women's TwoPiece Swimsuit, Neckline Openwork Knit Pattern, high Waist, onePiece Sexy Bikini, Black Beautiful
- Pinko Women's MCGLTPC000005096E Red Viscose Blouse
- Rheos Anhingas Floating Polarized Sunglasses 100% UV Predection Ideal for Fishing and Boating
- Sling Yellow TRENDOUX Swimsuit for Women High Waisted Swimwear Tummy Control Ruffled Top Bathing Suits Free Waterproof Phone Case Gift
- Staypretty Off Shoulder Mermaid Applique Backless Sheath Wedding Dress Women Bridal Gown
- Tuff Athletics Women's Crop Capri Pants
- White Cubic Zirconia Crystals Ceramic Black Ring and Silver Sterling bluee Pearls
- Ralph Lauren Womens Floral Button Up Shirt Multi 2Xl
- Alex Evenings Womens Petite Short pinktte Shift Dress with 3 4 Sleeves Dress
- Wooden Sunglasses,Ablibi Polarized Mens Wood Sunglasses Handmade Lightweight Shades with Gift Box
- Becca by Rebecca Virtue Women's Secret Garden Tank Dress Swim Cover Up
- Bright Black Frame Green Lens Tacloft Polarized Sports Cycling Sunglasses 64MM Athletic Sunglasses for Women Men TL6003
- Comfortable Arm Warmer Leg Stocking Wool Socks, Leggings, Cord Warmers, Leg Sleeves (color Beige)
- Down Jacket Womens Winter Black Long 90% Duck Feather Raccoon Fur Rivet Skirt
- European and American Fashion Sexy Tassel Split Bikini Island Swimsuit Female
- Gorilla WEAR Women's Venice Tights
- Indian Handicrfats Export Women's Silk Saree with Blouse Piece (Mcraf16330760960_Brown)
- Khaki Yetagoo Kids Adult Winter Knit Beanie Hat Large Real Raccoon Fur Pom Pom Womens Kids Bobble Hat
- Long Scarves Wrap Shawl Long Stole Thick Style Scarf Headscarf Neck Wrap Stole Muffler Female Autumn and Winter Cotton Tassel Cashew Print LEBAO (color Camel Pink, Size 230 80cm)
- Marycrafts Size 7 Amber Honey Buffalo Horn Scarf Ring Curved Square Shape Scarf Ring Handmade 5.5x5.5 cm
- Navy&red Floral 1stvital Women's Fancy Floral Print Short Sleeve Button Up Split Boho Summer Beach Maxi Dress
- Perfect Shape Post Surgery Postpartum Colombian Body Shaper Capri Thin Straps
- Red KI Store Women Summer Floral and Striped Blouses Tops Round Neck Short Sleeve T Shirts
- Silicone Breast Form Fake Boob with Shoulder Strap 100% Medical Silicone More Natural Look Suitable for Crossdressers Men Women Cosplay
- Taylor Dresses Womens Chemical Burnout Long and Lean Lace Sheath Dress Dress
- 1.STATE Womens Gathered Neck Maxi Dress with Tie Back
- Alpha Industries Womens L2b Flex W Flight Jacket Jacket
- Beige DIANE & GEORDI 002376 Shapewear Bodysuit Thong for Women Fajas Colombianas
- Brook Taverner Womens Ladies Luna Formal Waistcoat
- VELJIE Women's Scoop Neck Sleeveless Floral Casual Work Swing Dress
- Women genuine Leather jacket Short Slim Coat KLW067
- Z Supply The Boyfriend Short
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.