Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Huayue Yoga Pants Feather Digital Printed Bloomer Pants Bohemia Beach Pants for Fitness Printed Yoga Pants
- Jxfd Women's Coats Faux Fur Hood Puffer Thick Maxi Slim Down Coat
- purplec MorySong Women's Sweetheart Prom Ball Gown Lace Up Pageant Quinceanera Dress
- Men And Women Woven Sheepskin Wallet,21410gold
- NICE' living hall Women's TwoPiece Swimsuit, Neckline Openwork Knit Pattern, high Waist, onePiece Sexy Bikini, Black Beautiful
- Pinko Women's MCGLTPC000005096E Red Viscose Blouse
- Rheos Anhingas Floating Polarized Sunglasses 100% UV Predection Ideal for Fishing and Boating
- Sling Yellow TRENDOUX Swimsuit for Women High Waisted Swimwear Tummy Control Ruffled Top Bathing Suits Free Waterproof Phone Case Gift
- Stateside Womens Shoulder Buttons Long Sleeve Tee Shirt
- Tropical Sky J.O.A. Women's Printed Strapless Ruffled Crop Top
- West End Knitwear 100% Irish Merino Wool Ladies Hooded Aran Zip Sweater Coat
- 170 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots J9UM1 Sagittarius Cabochon Blank Base
- Angry Rabbit Women's Juniors Designer Quality colord Jeans USA Made
- Yellow Verdusa Women's Casual Round Neck Short Sleeve Figure Print Basic TShirt
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Womens Gigi color Block Knit Dress with Zip Details Dress
- bluenotte Maison Jules Womens Floral Midi Dress
- CLOTPUS Women's Mid Rise Skinny Ripped Jeans Pants Stretchy Tapered Leg Broken Hole
- DIOR BELLA Grace Ink One Shoulder Jumpsuit
- Engerla Burgundy Two Pieces Strapless Sexy Lace Formal Prom Dress
- Glamgoldus Womens Floral Prairie Maxi Dress Dress
- Ililily Covered Flat Button Detail Dress Loose Fit Linen Long Casual Dress
- Keaac Women's Fashion Trench Coat Double Breasted OutwearJackets
- LIYUAN Fashion Korean Style Girl's Handbags Bucket Handbag
- Mackage Zelie XXS Cobalt bluee Down Jacket Retail 450+
- MXNET 4 color Steampunk Fedora Top Hat with Mechanical Leather Flower for Women
- PAIGE Womens Jacqueline Straight W Raw Hem Jeans Emmett Destructed Jeans
- RaanPahMuang Strong Afrikan Mother Earth Dashiki Dress V Collar Smock Waist Colours
- ScudoPro Pedaling Cycling PRO Jersey Short Sleeve for Women
- Super By Retrosuperfuture Women's KNLNEBBIA Grey Acetate Sunglasses
- Women's Ultralight Packable Winter Puffer Down Jacket with Button Casual Warm Winter Outwear,Brown,S
- Alfred Dunner Women's Northern Lights Proportioned Pants
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver Snowflake Post Earrings
- Bonjanvye Glitter Floral Clutch Purse for Girls Crystal Rhinestone Handbag
- Uryouthstyle Sexy Prom Dresses 2 Pieces Long Prom Gown 2017
- Winter Ultra Light Down Coat Women Windproof Warmth Women's Lightweight Packable Jacket
- YOIOY Women Clutch Long Purse Women's Wallet Female Long Section New Korean Version of The Fashion Draw More Card Female Wallet (color Black) (color Black)
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.