Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Grey BABYHYY Autumn and Winter European and American Hats Pure Woolen Curling Men and Women Wild Couple Models Travel Jazz Cap
- Ivy Green Helly Hansen Women's' Donegal Jacket
- KYWBD Women's Thin Pajamas Set,Medium Sleeve Loose Home Service Suit
- Lucky Brand Womens VNeck Ruffle Swing Dress Beach Cover Up Swimwear CoverUp
- Lydia USA Sexy Military Look Double Buttoned Sleeveless Spandex Club Wear Vest with Front Zipper (L3455)
- Mud Pie Coco Collared Draped Vest
- Oudan Women's Down Jacket Quilted Jacket Ultra Lightweight Hooded Jacket Long Down Coat SXXL (color Champagne, Size XLarge)
- Purple Classic Sunglasses Classic Retro Polarized Classic Sunglasses for Men and Women 100% UV Predection Shades Mirrored Unisex Sports Sunglasses,Women Rectangular Sunglas
- RVCA Womens Sage Floral Bralette Bikini Top Bikini Top
- STERLING SILVER LogoArt Official Licensed NASCAR 1.5 Heart Key 48 JIMMIE JOHNSON
- Tuankay Vintage Women Round Straw Shoulder Bags Circle Rattan Beach Messenger Bags
- White Carmen Marc Valvo Womens Long Sleeve Shirt Swimsuit Cover Up Swimwear CoverUps
- XPLE A Line Princess Tea Length Short Sleeve Wedding Dress
- [BLANKNYC] Blank NYC Womens Striped Cotton Voile Off Shoulder Top with Embroidery
- Alilith.Z Sexy Beaded Homecoming Dresses 2018 Short Backless Satin Prom Dresses Party Gowns for Women
- Beautiful Yellow gold 14K Yellowgold 14k Madi K 1.25mm Hoop Earrings
- Boys Girls' Unisex Long Sleeve TShirt Cartoon Animals Cotton Printing Jersey Shirt (16 Years)
- Classic Aviator Sunglasses For Women Men Metal Frame Mirrored Lens Driving Fashion UV400 Glasses 0257
- DII Tickled Pink Women's Fringed Vintage Lightweight Poncho, wine, One Size
- Fazzoletto da Collo Alviero Martini 1^ Classe 100% Seta 50x50 cm Scozzese
- GUESS Womens Black Crystal Fishnet Sexy Curve Jean Jeans
- Jack Wolfskin Women's Palmerston OC Shirt
- June's Young Women Dresses Silk Soft Kneelength 5 colors Available
- Light Heather Grey Vince Camuto Womens Long Sleeve Boat Neck Button Side Sweater
- MDRWWinter Scarf A Couple of Female Students AllMatch Winter Scarf Wool Scarf Knitted Scarf Simple Warm Male
- NewFex Long Split V Neck Prom Dresses for Women Sleeveless Evening Formal Gowns
- Pink RSTJSjcw Women's Waterproof Fleece Mountain Jacket Winter Snowboarding Jacket
- Renato Balestra Women's Rucksacks, AGNESRB18W2534black
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.