Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 100 PCS Keyrings Keychains Key Ring Chains Tags Jewelry Findings Clasps Buckles Supplies F1GG2 Aquarius
- Amalxl Women's Lapel Double Breasted Slim Long Trench Coat Windbreaker
- Beige 2 Light Control Tummy Control Shapewear Shorts Women High Waist Body Shaper Thigh Slimmer Slip Short Panty
- Brown Female Supplies 100% Medical Silicone Fake Breast Postoperative Chest pad Role Playing Transgender
- Cool Choice Firm Control HighWaist Brief
- Dreagel VNeck Prom Homecoming Dresses Short Satin Vintage Party Gowns Backless for Women
- FloYoung Women's Sweetheart Pleated Long Satin Formal Wedding Dress 2016
- Womens Coat Women's Kimono Cardigan Top Cover Up Blouse Outwear Solid Ladies Cardigan Cardigan Long Black Cardigan With for Women (color Kaffee, Size XL)
- Women's Floral Kimono Cardigan Casual Loose Boho Beach Cover up Wraps Blouses Top
- GIORGIO ARMANI 8050 color 529471 Sunglasses
- ICCELY Women's Lace Aline VNeck Long Sleeve Wedding Dresses Bridal Gown
- Joe's Jeans Womens Wyatt HIGH Rise Retro Crop Jean Jeans
- Life is good Women's Goto Tiny Hearts Heart Hthgry Hoodie,
- May Queen by Formal Dress Shops MQ1529 Off The Shoulder Prom Formal Gown
- Muslim Women Kaftan Islamic Maxi Dress Long Sleeve Arab Jilbab Abaya Clothing
- Onno Women's Long Sleeve Bamboo TShirt
- Purple Women's Vintage Long Wallet Genuine Leather Multi Card Holder Purse Clutches
- Scarisee Womens Luxury Ball Gown Scoop Beaded Prom Quincenera Dresses FormalA235
- Steve Madden Wristlet Wallet Cognac color
- Tynora Women Fashion African Floral Print High Waist Pleated ALine Maxi Long Skirt
- White A X Armani Exchange Womens Ax Scoop Neck Long Sleeve Super Soft Sweatshirt
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.