Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- BCBGeneration Womens Ruffle Peplum Maxi Dress Special Occasion Dress
- bluee Women's Waist Cinchers Retro Floral Design Vintage Lady's Bodyshaper Lace Up Sexy Corset Lingerie Set Waist Training Corset Plus Size Satin Women's Lace Up Overbust Lace Trim Waist Cincher Bustier Top
- Classical Snake Pattern Ladies Tote Leather Fashion Women's Real Cowhide Crossbody Bag Handbags Multi Snake
- Dingkun Hat the girl visor along the perimeter of the cap sun hat sun hat beach hat cool cap summer beach hat
- FB Jewels Solid Sterling Silver RhodiumPlated 3D Enameled FlipFlop W Lobster Clasp Charm
- GenericMen Double Breasted Sequin Glitter Modern Fit Blazer Jacket Coat
- Hiking Socks, ZEALWOOD Unisex Merino Wool Outdoors Sports Socks Cushion Crew Athletic Socks
- JoyVany Women's Double VNeck High Slip Wedding Dress Long Prom Dresses 2018 Formal Gown JV824
- Leyidress Two Piece Prom Dresses Aline Lace Evening Dress Ivroy Bead Formal Party Gowns
- Mavi Womens Erica Cuffed Skinny Jeans
- Neustile Women Stylish Activewear Shirt with Thumbholes Fitness Yoga Running Workout
- Ooh La La Long Sleeve Open Shoulder Mock Turtleneck Top
- QDCACA Women Africa Batik Accept Waist Two Piece Suit Dashiki Bodycon Skirt
- Sanctuary Womens Morgan TShirt Dress
- Sububblepper Womens Black Half Sleeves Short Aline Dress Party Wedding Dress Formal Occassion (color Black, Size XS)
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.