Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 8 XIAMEND Women's Waterproof Ski Jacket Breathable Snowboard Below Zero Coat (color 03, Size L)
- RightBride Elegant Wedding Dresses for Bride 2017 Lace Appliques
- Smilexj Women's Home Floral Print 4 Piece Set Ladies Pajamas Satin Silk Pants Set Sleepwear
- Three Dots Womens Ow2713 Reversible colorblock Knit Funnel Neck Top Shirt
- Tropic Hats Lightweight Celestial Stars Galaxy Designed Floppy Bucket Hat (One Size)
- WeoHau Fashion Pearl Element Ladies Pu Wallet Simple MultiFunction Clutch Bag Purse,Wine Red
- Xinantime Women's Closed Pointed Toe Pumps Stiletto High Heels Office Lady Wedding Party Dress Heeded shoes
- ANCICRAFT Leather Purse Crossbody Shoulder Bag Handbag Tote for Women Ladies
- Bebe Womens Logo 3 4 Sleeve Boat Neck Dress
- Bride Princess Wedding Long Sleeve Dress Lace Shoulder Slim Fashion Elegant Sexy White
- Cf321 C110p.pnk CodeFit Yoga Pants Power Flex DryFit with CRIS Cross Leg Cutouts 7 8 Length Soled color Leggings Key Pocket
- Deep Black Maison Jules Womens Scalloped Shift Dress
- Etongenius Singlebreasted Navy bluee Long Lapel Wool Blend Jacket Winter Warm Trench Coat Outerwear for Girl and Women
- Fuqiuwei Sonnenbrillen Simple And Versatile Retro Personality Round Frame Sunglasses Female Retro Sunglasses Female
- Honeydew Intimates Women's Camellia Lace Bralette
- July SHEEP100% Lambswool Blanket Scarf Shaws Wraps Extra Large Super Warm scaves (70cm200cm, Purple Grey)
- Light bluee Jeans Trousers Lady's Water Drill Pearl Lightcolord Slim Women Club Jeans Pants
- MAXIMGR Women Sport Long Sleeve Unitard Bodysuit Jumpsuit Zipper Bodycon Romper Clubwear
- New Launched Eid Hijab Kaftan Collection Indian Gown Anarkali Shalwar Suit Ceremony Muslim 8739
- Pink DIDK Women's Mock Neck Slim Striped 3 4 Sleeve Bodysuit
- Red Yksth Women Fashion Round Neck Long Sleeve Contrast color Patchwork Dress Dresses
- Sinful Virgie pink Long Sleeve Top
- Lady Wallet Women's Wallet,Threefold Lady Purse LargeCapacity
- Ainclu Womens Black Long Sleeves Lolita Coat with Hood
- Staypretty Homecoming Dresses Satin Lace Halter Aline Formal Women Short Prom Gown Pockets
- TWINSET Wallet Female Black 191TA716400006
- White NaNa Women Harem Pants Yoga Pants Modal Cotton Long Baggy Sports Workout Dancing Trousers
- XYHDTQ Women's Sweetheart Beaded Pearls A Line Pleat Wedding Dresses With Belt
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.