Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- NOVIA Womens Floral Printed VNeck Prom Homecoming Dress with Pockets Short Party Gown
- PrettyGuide Women Mock Neck Elegant Fishtail Wiggle Ruffle Midi Sweater Dress
- Product Name Nike Women's Element Dri Fit Halfzip Running Shirt (XLarge, Hyper Punch Reflective Silver)
- Royal bluee vivicoco Womens Halter Bikini Swimsuits Mesh Layer String Bikini Bathing Suits
- Spring and Autumn Embroidered Baseball Jacket Fashion Student Loose Street Trend BF Wind Jacket Tops Women,Black,XL DEED
- TSINYG Women's Long Sleeve Zipper Casual BF Denim Jacket ( color bluee , Size M )
- Western Cowgirl Concealed Carry Cross Flower Purse Handbag Messenger Shoulder Bag Wallet Set Black
- 1.STATE Womens Halter Shift Mini Dress
- XC DVF Summer Women Vintage Floral Digital Print Long Dress Ladies Maxi Beach Wrap Dress with Belt
- AIBIYI Vintage Long Veil Sequins Lace (300cm) Cathedral Bridal Veil with Comb ABYV42
- BCBGeneration Womens Lace Up Overlay Romper Rompers
- bluee purple Adrianna Papell Womens Feather Embroidered Midi Dress with Short Sleeves Formal Night Out Dress
- Chuiqingnet The volume of the small gift hats, warm winter and autumn Bailey English style WINTER HAT
- Diamond2Deal 14k White gold Polished Musical Note Pendant
- Fashion Lattice Leisure Woman Autumn And Winter Keep Warm Soft Big Scarf Bib
- Grey SweatyRocks Women's Sleeveless Cotton Pajama Set VNeck Sleepwear Lace Sexy Pj Shorts Set Loungewear
- HERBAL HEAVEN Women Belt Simple Fashion color Pattern Leather Belt
- Joseph Ribkoff Tunic Style 181073
- Lemai Short Lace A Line Prom Dresses Bridesmaid Homecoming Party Gowns
- Martin Margiela Black Sleeveless Women's Stretch Blouse Top US M IT 42
- Navy Women's Half Sleeve Empire Waist Plain Pleated Loose Swing Casual Dresses Knee Length
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.