Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- NOVIA Womens Floral Printed VNeck Prom Homecoming Dress with Pockets Short Party Gown
- PrettyGuide Women Mock Neck Elegant Fishtail Wiggle Ruffle Midi Sweater Dress
- Product Name Nike Women's Element Dri Fit Halfzip Running Shirt (XLarge, Hyper Punch Reflective Silver)
- Royal bluee vivicoco Womens Halter Bikini Swimsuits Mesh Layer String Bikini Bathing Suits
- Spring and Autumn Embroidered Baseball Jacket Fashion Student Loose Street Trend BF Wind Jacket Tops Women,Black,XL DEED
- TSINYG Women's Long Sleeve Zipper Casual BF Denim Jacket ( color bluee , Size M )
- White 2 Dress the Population Womens Allison Plunging Sequin Fitted Midi Cap Sleeve Sheath Dress Dress
- 127M pink melange RAGNO Pajamas Woman Cotton Long Sleeve Serafino Item N13891 BIO Cotton PGLS
- Xscape Womens Long Bell Sleeve Dress Special Occasion Dress
- Amoin Women Summer Ruffle Loose Swing Casual Short Sleeve Tunics MidLength Dress
- Beltnossnk Women Wool Coat Lapel Thick Long Loose Slim Overcoat Female Woolen Jackets
- BU2H Women Sleeve Printed Slit Open Front Shawl Poncho Cape Blazer
- Clarisse Women's One Shoulder Prom Dress 2584
- Digabi Animal World Women Crystal Evening Clutch Bags
- Fay Women's NPW2386100QQAB001 White Cotton TShirt
- GUESS Women's Acetate Square Soft CatEye Rectangular Sunglasses, 81B, 60 mm
- INC International Concepts Striped SplitLeg Pants
- Kenneth Cole New York Womens Grosgrain Trimmed Dress Dress
- LNA Women's Tara Tee White
- Minkoff XS Rebecca Socialite Graphic Tee
- North End Ladies Skyscape 3Layer Textured Shell Jacket
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.