Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4.28 Ct Round Green Simulated Emerald bluee Tanzanite 925 Silver Three Stone Dangle Earrings
- Armani Exchange Women's Key Ring Coin Purse Keyring
- Black Cherokee Infinity Women's Round Neck Scrub Top 2624A & Low Rise Scrub Pant 1124A Medical Scrub Set
- Black Vintage America bluees Womens Petite Wonderland Skinny Jean Jeans
- Splendid Womens Standard Stripe Romper Cover up Navy
- Trussardi Jeans Women's 75W001319Y099999K299 Black Viscose Beauty Case
- Westward Bound Red Label Leggings Two Way Zip, Black
- XINGZHE Sunglasses Polarized, UVResistant, RetroElegant, Classic Large Frame, Female Fashion Shopping and Driving, a Total of 5 colors to Choose from Sunglasses (color Transparent Tea)
- CiONE Simple Lace Wedding Dress Tulle Bridesmaid Dresses Long Bridal Gown
- Desigual Womens Sport Long Tight Black Ville Leggings
- FancyBridal Women's Pink White Appliques Square Neck Wedding Bridal Dresses for Bride Formal Gowns
- Georgia Winter Thermal Cycling Jersey for Women
- Hyde Yoga Vira Tank Womens Active Workout Organic Yoga Tank
- Karen Kane Womens Hilo colorblock Top TShirt
- LEISHOP Women Hooded Warm Faux Fur Outdoor Down Coat Puffer Jackets
- Marine bluee Women's Meridian Storm Shell PLJ1W
- Navy kensie Women's Long Down Coat with Hood
- PEBBLE HEATHER Burton Women's Jet Set Jacket
- Radiation Predection Radiation Suit Maternity Skirt,360° Shielding Radiation, Computer and Household Appliances,Four Seasons General.
- SecretCastle Women's Long Formal Skirt in Satin Evening Dress with Train without
- SweatyRocks Women's Open Front Bikini Cover up Long Beach Swimwear Kimono
- Velvet Womens Jilian Originals TShirt TShirt
- Women Ladies Silk Scarf Embroidery Flowers Gradient color Long Sunscreen Scarves Neck Predection Girl Lightweight Shawl Stole Wrap (color bluee)
- Indian Party wear Gown Anarkali Salwar Kameez Ceremony Collection Punjabi H1
- Aidan Mattox Aidan Womens Halter Neckline Formal Evening Dress
- BCBGeneration Womens Mock Neck Ruffle Dress Casual Dress
- bluee White Seascape Printed Large Thick Silk Square Scarf
- Classic ALine Wedding Dresses Sleeveless Lace Tulle Bridal Gown Applique Beach Bride Dress
- Xswsy XGCA Womens Hooded Warm Winter Coats Parkas with Faux Fur Jackets
- Despi White Dhalia Bikini Top
- FantasyLinen Women's Casual Linen Wide Leg Pants Trousers with Elastic Waist
- Grey 7 For All Mankind Womens HighWaist Skinny Ankle Jeans
- Ivory Powder bluee Multi women Morgan Womens Printed Mockneck Dress Dress
- KYWBD Sweet Long Sleeve Pajamas Set,Casual Wearable Home Service Suit
- Lucky Brand Womens TieDye Knit Blouse
- LXKDYYY Womens One Piece Zip Front Skirted Plus Size Swimdress Swimsuit Black
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.