Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4.28 Ct Round Green Simulated Emerald bluee Tanzanite 925 Silver Three Stone Dangle Earrings
- Armani Exchange Women's Key Ring Coin Purse Keyring
- Black Cherokee Infinity Women's Round Neck Scrub Top 2624A & Low Rise Scrub Pant 1124A Medical Scrub Set
- Black Vintage America bluees Womens Petite Wonderland Skinny Jean Jeans
- Splendid Womens Standard Stripe Romper Cover up Navy
- Trussardi Jeans Women's 75W001319Y099999K299 Black Viscose Beauty Case
- Westward Bound Red Label Leggings Two Way Zip, Black
- XINGZHE Sunglasses Polarized, UVResistant, RetroElegant, Classic Large Frame, Female Fashion Shopping and Driving, a Total of 5 colors to Choose from Sunglasses (color Transparent Tea)
- Catherine Malandrino Womens Tinka Dress Brushstroke Dress
- Detachableblack SweatyRocks Women's Sexy Bikini Swimsuit Tie Knot Front Swimwear Set
- Faribault Ashby Twill Rolled Fringe Wool Scarf Red
- GoodSexjoy Woolen Coat Female Solid color Fashion CasualWoolen Coat 2018 Winter Wild Belt Fashion
- Indian Ethnicwear Silk cotton Green and Magenta,Jamdani work Foliage Style Woven Sari
- Khaki Bestjybt Womens Short Boots Socks Crochet Knitted Boot Cuffs Toppers Leg Warmers Socks
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Womens Wool Glen Plaid Jacket
- Malabay by Vogue Style 95 Spaghetti Strap Bodycon Dress, VNeck Line Dress
- Naomi and Nicole Womens A Little Lace a Lot of Shape BodyBriefer Shapewear Bodysuit
- Passat Cathedral Train Mermaid Wedding Dress 2013
- Purple tutu.vivi Women's VNeck Mermaid Velvet Prom Dresses Long Sleeves Evening Dresses with Beaded
- Salomon Women's Qst Snow Pants
- Style & Co... CrochetTrim ColdShoulder Top in Deep Black
- Ultega Women's Running Pants Shorts with QuickDryFunction
- Wicky LS Women's Qualitied and Heavy Detachable Fur Hoodie Down Parka with Pockets
- 11 Inches a Beautifully Handcrafted Women's Crossbody Antique Leather Bag
- Angel Bride 2015 High Illusion Neck Beaded Ruched Prom Dress with Court Train
- Bess Bridal Women's Sexy V Neck Beaded KneeLength Mother of the Bride Dress
- Burgundy alilith.Z Sexy Spaghetti Strap Prom Dresses 2019 Long Beaded Appliques Formal Evening Dress Party Gowns for Women Tulle Train
- Cosabella Womens Bisou Texture Bralette BISOT1302
- Z Supply The Side Lace Up Thermal Sweater
- Delusion Hudson Women's Nico MidRise Super Skinny 5Pocket Jean
- EVALESS Women's Long Sleeve Sun Predection Splice Rashguard Swim Shirt Tops(SXXXL)
- Gottex Womens Halter Monokini One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece Swimsuit
- Indian Silks Paithani Handloom Pure Silk Saree
- Kier & J Women's Sparkle Front Crewneck Sweater
- Longitude Going My Way Scoopback Highneck
- Miss Me Womens Pocket Bag MidRise Shorts
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.