Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2018 Fashion Women Autumn and Winter Grey Woolen Coat
- Antique Style Women Casual 2pcs Outfits Rainbow Stripe Top Shirts + Long Pants Set Club Dress
- Silicone Breast, Fake Breasts Round Silicone Breast Disguise Conjoined Silicone Breast Milk Large Size S14XL Breast Augmentation Silicone Fidelity 100%.
- Taylor Dresses Womens Floral Scuba Fit and Flare Party Dress Dress
- Tinted bluesh Laundry by Shelli Segal Women's Crepe Off The Shoulder Cocktail
- Volcom Womens Fuzz Buster Sweater
- Women's Star Print Loose Fit Ripped Holes Boyfriend Denim Jacket Coat
- BB Dakota Womens Genette Drape Front Jacket Jacket
- Black Women Elastic Waist Side Patchwork Slim Fit Casual Sports Leggings
- Chala Elephant Bowling Bag, Dusty pink
- DaindiashopUSA Designer Saree for Indian Women Wedding Boutique Collections
- Ellenhouse Women's Lace Applique Long Backless Beach Bridal Wedding Dress EL534
- GetLucky UPF 50+ Sun Hat for Women Ladies,UV Predection Open TOP Roll up Sun Hat for Large Head
- Horze Crescendo Women's Trapper Hat
- June's Young Women Hat Kentucky Derby Cute Floppy Ruffle
- Light purplec Lisong Women Floor Length Bowknot 5Layered Tulle Party Evening Tutu Skirt
- MDRWWinter Scarf When The Cape Shawl Cashmere Scarf to Keep Warm in The Spring and Autumn and Winter AllMatch Female Thick Scarf
- Nandie Women's Evening Gown Gina Lace Column Gown Formal, Long, Special Occasion Dress, Wedding, Prom, Party Dress
- Parfait by Affinitas Women's Carole Hipster Panty
- Rain Coat Poncho Rain Cover outdoor raincoat Reflective raincoat Waterproof Jackets Transparent Raincoat trousers Reusable Unisex Adults Multifunctional Lightweight Hooded Women's EVA Long Sleeve Outerwear Portable Men
- SELXWomen Winter Thicken Plaid Fleece Lined Wool Long Pea Coat
- Swimsuit Bikini Set Women color Block Rainbow Tankini Swimdress with Boyshort Two Piece Swimsuits Bathing Suit Athletic Swimwear Cover Up Swim Dress Skirt Swimming Suit Bathing Suits Two Pieces
- Let The Music Paint (TM) Sherry Kennedy Solid Gone Leggings
- Airblaster Women's Classic Ninja Suit Hooded Outdoor One Piece Base Layer, Far Out, XLarge
- BCBGeneration Women's VNeck Lace Dress
- TwinSet Women's MCBI33213 White Viscose Sweatshirt
- White olise bridal Sexy Women's Halter Prom Dresses Long 2019 Appliques Backless Evening Fomral Gowns Real Photo
- Y&Z Ruffle Lace Bow Tie StandUp Collar Vintage Gothic Lolita Gorgeous Palace Shirt
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.