Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2018 Fashion Women Autumn and Winter Grey Woolen Coat
- Antique Style Women Casual 2pcs Outfits Rainbow Stripe Top Shirts + Long Pants Set Club Dress
- Silicone Breast, Fake Breasts Round Silicone Breast Disguise Conjoined Silicone Breast Milk Large Size S14XL Breast Augmentation Silicone Fidelity 100%.
- Taylor Dresses Womens Floral Scuba Fit and Flare Party Dress Dress
- Tinted bluesh Laundry by Shelli Segal Women's Crepe Off The Shoulder Cocktail
- Volcom Womens Fuzz Buster Sweater
- Women's Star Print Loose Fit Ripped Holes Boyfriend Denim Jacket Coat
- Beatrice B. Women's Slim Pant
- Bollywood Party Wear Saree Sari Bridal Wedding Sexy New Launch women
- color Block ONeck Shirt Sleeveless High Waist Pleated Button Women's Midi Dress
- Dark Green Promworld Women's Strapless Sexy V Neck Prom Dress A Line Evening Gowns Formal Dress Long
- Engerla Women's Bohemian Double VNeck Backless Lace Applique Wedding Dress
- Glamour Pearl & Rhinestone Glitz Wedding Bridal Sash Belt White
- His & His Robes Hers and Hers Hand Towel Set for Lesbian Couple
- Js Boutique Green SurpliceNeck Dress6 Msrp
- LHHJ Coat Polyester Hooded Long Sleeve red Ladies Long Jacket
- Maweisong Women Winter Warm Fleece Linling Outwear Coat Long Sleeved
- Navy bluee Modeldress Illusion Halter Neck Quinceanera Dresses Applique Puffy Ball Gown Floor Length 2019
- Pblack White Imysty Womens Christmas Dresses Xmas Santa Claus Long Sleeve Round Neck Printed Flared Party Dress
- Rebecca Taylor Women's Matelasse Jacquard Lace Hem Sheath Dress
- SheSublime Original Women's Cardigan Long Sleeve Cable Knit Sweater
- Tahiti bluee Trendy USA 476 Women's TankTop You're Killin Me Smalls Sandlot Movie Baseball Script
- 140 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots T3FZ5 pinks
- Angel&Lily Hoodie LongSleeved relax velvet Slim dress TE012 plus 1x10x (SZ 1652)
- Betsey Johnson Womens Animal Lace Print Crop Legging Leggings
- Velvet Womens Textured Knit Ruched Dress Dress
- Women Latin Ballroom Dance Dress,Professional Fringed Dress Performance Skirt OneShoulder Autumn and Winter Practice Clothes Dress
- ZC & Three Trading Co. Wooden Polarized Wayfarer Sunglasses
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.