Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
- Chaser Women's Triblend Jersey Dress
- Desigual Women's 19SAYP38BEIGE Beige Faux Leather Wallet
- Fajas MyD 0056 Colombian high Waist Cincher Trainer Faja Cinturilla Reductora
- Green Long VNeck Formal Prom Dress for Women with Trumpet Spaghetti Straps Skirt
- HOTOUCH Nightdress Womens Cotton Sleepwear Short Nightgowns Knit Sleepshirts SXXL
- JQLD Halter HighNeck TwoPiece Prom Dresses Sexy Mermaid Long Sequin Evening Gown Formal
- LEXSION Felt Handbag Organizer,Insert Purse Organizer Fits Speedy Neverfull Pink M
- Made From The Monstera Leaves Women's Fashion Basketball shoes Retro Mesh Lightweight Running Sneakers
- MyBatua Women's Muslim Clothing Saffa Tunic in Parred Green
- Pajama Sets Pajamas Cartoon LongSleeved Round Neck Women's Four Seasons Home Service Cute Set 2 Sets (Size XL)
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.