Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- New Year Collection Anarkali Salwar Kameez Suit Ceremony Bridal Muslin 651 1
- Pink OOFAY Openwork Network Hole in Women's Mesh Shirt Pajamas Pajamas Mini Lingerie
- Regna X Women's Deep V Neck Long Sleeve Unique Cross Wrap Sexy Slim Fitted Going Out Tops for Women (S3X, Plus Sizes)
- Skirt Sports Women's Toasty Queen Skirt
- The Cat's Pajamas Kiku Luxe Pima Cotton Capri
- Traditional Handoom Taingili cotton Saree Full weaving work by weavers Bengal Women sari Indian Ethnic Festive 104 23
- White Mark Crystal Womens Fit & Flare Dress, Size XL White
- Xuanchen Raffia Sun Hat Summer Beach Straw Hat for Travel, Camping, Hiking, Outdoor, Fishing
- Mer Sea & Co Luxury Beach Wrap with Tote Bag Red Stripes 100% Cotton (43 x 65 )
- ALING Women's 2 Pieces Outfits Long Sleeve Sweatshirt and Pants Set Tracksuits
- Beauty Bridal Sweetheart Mermaid Bridal Gown Plus Size Wedding Dresses for Bride
- bluee Polarized Aviator Sunglasses for Men goudi Metal Frame driving UV 400 Predection Mens Women Mirror Sunglasses 8002
- CHAMELA Women's Sportswear Body Shape Leggings Trainer Ref CHA22609
- DELRES Women's Short Sleeve Casual VNeck color Block TShirt Tops with Khaki Pocket
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.