Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Long Two Piece Lace Prom Dresses with Slit Spaghetti Strap Satin Formal Evening Party Gown for Juniors
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- HUUSA Women's Chunky Turtle Cowl Neck Asymmetric Hem Wrap Sweater Coat with Button Details
- Karen Kane Womens Embroidered Lace Top Blouse
- Limiles Adult Ballet 3 4 Sleeve Lace Back Leotard
- MHRITA Ladies leisure set, spring and autumn season, pure cotton pajamas, long sleeves,Tricolor Mickey,L
- Nike Run Fast Hoody woman bluee xs
- Plains and Prints Womens Terius Short Sleeves Top
- Rip Curl Womens Premium Surf Deep V Tri Bikini Top Bikini Top
- Snow Lotus Women's Long Sleeve Decal Seam Bead Bride's Mother Dresses
- Sufiya Women Floral Print Swing Dress with Pockets Casual V Neck Dress
- Ujena Sexy White Sheer Retro Bikini Swimsuit
- Whitewed Short VNeck Sequin Bodycon Prom Dresses Costumes with Short Sleeves
- 1545 Designs Women’s Mandarin Collar Neck Stone Work Dress
- Angie Juniors' Boho Print Top
- Yellow OOFAY Openwork Network Hole in Women's Mesh Shirt Pajamas Pajamas Mini Lingerie
- Bar Iii Printed Shift Dress, Egret Combo, XSmall
- bluee (bluee Green) s.Oliver (Bags) Women’s 39.808.94.3860 CrossBody Bag
- Chaus Womens Roll Tab VNeck Blouse Blouse
- Desigual Women's 19SWTKAJPINK Pink Viscose TShirt
- Ethnic Collection Straight Salwar Kameez Wedding Ceremony Punjabi Muslim 8838
- goldplated Patterned Edge Money Clip
- Indian Ethnic designer bluee saree With Heavy Blouse Classic Women Stylish Party Formal Wear 7281
- KERVINJESSIE 3mm Diving Suit HalfLength LongSleeved Female Wetsuit surf Clothing
- London Times Womens Jersey Cold Shoulder Shuter Sheath
- Maaji Women's It's a Vibe Pareo Swimwear
- Mustard Combo ASTR the label Womens Long Sleeve Collared Wrap Top Blouse
- Pagacat Women's Sleeveless Rhinestone Embellished Pleated Flare Vintage Style ALine Swing Dress SXXL
- Raan Pah Muang RaanPahMuang The Scream by Munch Cross Bust Sac Dress
- Scotch & Soda Women's 14350318SSLMC802035O Grey Cotton Pants
- Sunset & Spring Womens CrissCross Back VNeck Romper
- SoFlow Black Bamboo Wood Sunglasses Polarized bluee for Men & Women Wooden Shades
- ALEX T.G. Women Handbag CHESS Large Black & White color
- BEALEGAN Lady 6 Hoops Crinoline Petticoats Slips Floor Length for Bridal Quinceanera Gown
- Body Candy Women's Adult Onesie Printed Knit One Piece Pajama
- Unisex Men's KWay Women's Zip Dress with Multicolor Multicolord Fantasy. Internal and external pocket, adjustable and padded shoulder straps and zip closure.
- Wine Redpocket Zexxxy Women Robe Soft Kimono Warm Cotton Knit Bathrobe Long Loungewear Sleepwear SXXL
- YIRENWANSHA Sexy Off Shoulder Knee Length Homecoming Dress 2018 Elegant Satin Skirt Formal Gown YL19
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.