Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Long Two Piece Lace Prom Dresses with Slit Spaghetti Strap Satin Formal Evening Party Gown for Juniors
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- HUUSA Women's Chunky Turtle Cowl Neck Asymmetric Hem Wrap Sweater Coat with Button Details
- Karen Kane Womens Embroidered Lace Top Blouse
- Limiles Adult Ballet 3 4 Sleeve Lace Back Leotard
- MHRITA Ladies leisure set, spring and autumn season, pure cotton pajamas, long sleeves,Tricolor Mickey,L
- Nike Run Fast Hoody woman bluee xs
- Plains and Prints Womens Terius Short Sleeves Top
- Rip Curl Womens Premium Surf Deep V Tri Bikini Top Bikini Top
- Snow Lotus Women's Long Sleeve Decal Seam Bead Bride's Mother Dresses
- Steve Madden Womens Tribal Floppy Hat Sun Hat
- TymhgtCA Womens Zip up Slim Fit Print Hooded Long Down Jacket Quilted Padded Coat
- Volcom Women's Georgia May Jagger Crew Neck Heart Sweater
- 160 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots J5QV7 Butterfly
- Xugq66 2 Pairs Women Winter Crochet Knitted Lace Leg Warmers Socks Long Boot Cuffs Cover
- AllAboutUs Women Winter Faux Leather Black Midi Dress Belt ALine Night Party Club Wear
- Bebe Womens Missy Lace Off The Shoulder Sheath Dress with Bell Sleeve Casual Night Out Dress
- Bride Tribe Hot Pink Metallic Sunglasses 10 Pack, 1 White Bride + 9 Hot Pink Metallic Bride Tribe, Bachelorette Party Sunglasses (Pink Bride Tribe)
- Clutch Bag Women's Evening Fashion Handbag fit Wedding Party Beautiful Luxury Purses Evening Bag (color gold, Size Free Size)
- Dark Plum Lemai Sheer V Neck Long Tulle Beaded Lace A Line Formal Evening Gown Prom Dress
- Equilibrium Women's Postsurgical Girdle High Back
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.