Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Hot Mama Ink One Lucky Mother Long Sleeve Maternity Nursing Throw Over
- June's Young Women Hats Summer Wide Brim Derby Hats Pink
- Light pink Long Scarves Wrap Shawl Long Stole Thick Style Scarf Headscarf Neck Wrap Stole MufflerFour Seasons Female Mulberry Silk Fashion Long Scarf HENGXIAO (color Apricot, Size 180 70cm)
- Mechaly Soft Cotton Blend colorful Stripe No Show Socks Everyday Wearshoes Size 69 Sock Size 91136Pairs (Lt.Pink)
- Next Level Women's Set in 1x1 Baby Rib Collar TShirt (Pack of 6)
- Pink Sports Women, Shockproof Running Fitness Veststyle Yoga Bra, with Chest Pad, Nylon Material, No Steel Ring
- Replay Jeans Woman White WGX689.028.80641
- Sky bluee Uther Junior Tulle Prom Homecoming Cocktail Dresses Short Scoop Neck Bridesmaid Dress
- Style1yellow ZVOCY Women's Tulle Homecoming Dresses Appliques Beads Short Prom Cocktail Party Dress
- Tribal Womens L S Blouse W Button Sides Blouse
- Wedding Dresses Mermaid Bridal Gowns Short Sleeve Lace Bridal Wedding Dress Off Shoulder
- Only Women's 15153052WHITE White Polyester TShirt
- ALALA Women's Woven Running Vest in Citrus Stone
- Women's Winter Real Fox Fur Short Wrist Cuff Warmers
- BEALEGAN Lady Women's Ruffled Beads Crystals Long Prom Quinceanera Dresses
- Body Shaper Women Antiallergic Shaper Vest Waist Cincher Fajas Colombianas Black
- Coffee pujinggeCA Womens Soft Warm Fuzzy Sherpa Fleece Jacket Coat
- DKNY Womens Striped Balloon Sleeves Blouse
- Fadcloset Alaina Ladies Leather Jacket in Baby bluee
- Green Defal Womens Summer Short Sleeve Lace Splicing Blouse High Low Hem Casual Tunic Top
- Isotoner Women’s smarTouch Packable Mittens with NeverWet
- Koh Koh Womens Long Formal Short Sleeve Cocktail Flowy VNeck Gown Maxi Dress
- Lucca Couture Womens Francesca Turtleneck Bow Back Sweater Cardigan Sweater
- Maiyet Womens Split Sleeve Silk Blouse Off White 4,8
- Nanette Nanette Lepore Womens Cami with Lace Tank Top Cami Shirt
- Parker Womens Mellie Dress Dress
- Rajnandini Women's Silk Kanjivaram Rich Pallu Zari Weaving Work Saree(JOPLNS2012F_Off White_)
- Serene Bohemian Women's Loose Fit Checks Top with Flounce at The Yoke
- Swirlin Around La whitea Women's Triangle Bra Bikini Swimsuit Top
- Samantha Brown RFID Crossbody Bag Purple
- Alex Evenings Womens PlusSize Plus Size Dress Pants
- Beach Skirt Fashionable Female Floral Pattern Swimsuit Hot Spring Bathing Two Piece Swimwear Set Fashion Super Quality for Womens (color Black, Size XXXXL)
- BOCOTUBE Women's Summer Casual Short Sleeve Floral Print Maxi Dresses Loose Long Dress with Pockets Black
- Unique Design Leggings for Yoga
- Wine Red QAR Autumn and Winter Solid color Wool Scarf Korean Students Winter Wild Small Shawl Dualuse Ladies Thick Bib Scarf (color Light orange)
- YIRENWANSHA 2018 Assymetric Bridesmaid Dress for Wedding Long Sequined A Line Party Gown YBD891
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.